• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA to back McDonnell for Governor

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Yep..Vincent sent it out as soon as they were notified. Wonder what took so long?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Skeptic wrote:
I forgot they endorsed DEEDS last time.
That's come up in conference calls
http://news.oldva.org/blogroll/a-confrence-call-with-bob-mcdonnell-2/

Joe from The Prince William Conservative, mentioned that Deeds had gotten the NRA’s approval, but since then he has changed his position. Joe asked “Do you think he (McDonnell) will get that endorsement this time around?” McDonnell said he was certainly optimistic that he will.
This is where I started getting interested in what Bob was saying. He said that as Attorney General he supported the second amendment because it was the law. He told me the same thing about a different question during our last Bloggers call. One question that keeps coming up is will Bob as Governor, force agencies under his control, to comply with the law, as interpreted by the Attorney’ Generals Office?
The answer keeps coming up…”Yes”.

TFred

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Skeptic wrote:
I forgot they endorsed DEEDS last time.
That's come up in conference calls
http://news.oldva.org/blogroll/a-confrence-call-with-bob-mcdonnell-2/

Joe from The Prince William Conservative, mentioned that Deeds had gotten the NRA’s approval, but since then he has changed his position. Joe asked “Do you think he (McDonnell) will get that endorsement this time around?” McDonnell said he was certainly optimistic that he will.
This is where I started getting interested in what Bob was saying. He said that as Attorney General he supported the second amendment because it was the law. He told me the same thing about a different question during our last Bloggers call. One question that keeps coming up is will Bob as Governor, force agencies under his control, to comply with the law, as interpreted by the Attorney’ Generals Office?
The answer keeps coming up…”Yes”.
I find that particularly interesting, since one of McDonnell's opinions stated clearly that any use of CHP application information other than for law enforcement purposes was illegal under current law. But nobody has done anything to stop the dissemination of these records to the public at the court clerk's offices.

Stated twice in the opinion: "Further, it is my opinion that the express language of §18.2-308(K) limits the use of concealed carry permit information to law-enforcement personnel for investigative purposes."

TFred