• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry At Walmart

Grimes

imported post

i called the walmart last night and asked to speak to the manager. he said open carry is allowed in the store and i got his first name. so if an employee tells me to leave, i will tell them that "name is your manager and he said open carry is allowed".

am i still required to leave if the employee tells me to.
i mean i would leave if they are not willing to ask the manager themselves. i'd file a complaint with the manager later that day.

Juggernaut

imported post

Grimes wrote:
i called the walmart last night and asked to speak to the manager. he said open carry is allowed in the store and i got his first name. so if an employee tells me to leave, i will tell them that "name is your manager and he said open carry is allowed".

am i still required to leave if the employee tells me to.
i mean i would leave if they are not willing to ask the manager themselves. i'd file a complaint with the manager later that day.
Should have gotten it in writing...maybe you still can?

Grimes

imported post

i would email them for a printable paper, but they require for an email on the website that you enter your full name, address, ect.

r6-rider

imported post

i know your playing it safe but your going through alot of unnecessary trouble for something thats so widely accepted here

Grimes

imported post

you are able to buy a handgun (and ammo) from a private sale at 18. 21 applies to federal dealers.

18 for OC for a pistol or rifle/shotgun

imported post

All these youngsters...

I've been OC'ing since I was 16 (hey, up in N. Arizona at that time people didn't even blink an eye -- and I looked older anyway). So that means I've been carrying for about --

Oh, never mind. I just realized I've been carrying for a long, long time.

Now, where did I put my Geritol?

TOF

imported post

Grimes wrote:
i would email them for a printable paper, but they require for an email on the website that you enter your full name, address, ect.

As you gain experience in life you may come to the realization that you should not ask someone else to do something you are unwilling to do. You should at least understand they have a "RIGHT" to expect the same consideration from you that you expect from them.

You are asking the manager to put his name and, through the company name, address on paper for your free unfettered use. If you are not willing to divulge your name, address etc. then you should not expect him/her to honor your request.

IANAL but that is my opinion.

imported post

Kildars:

Glad to hear you love my home state. I'm rather fond of it myself. *GRIN*

Of course, I'm not overly fond of the Phoenix area, in general, but hey, you gotta take the bad with the good. (Bet I'm going to catch it for that one!)