Thread: HELP!.....

Post imported post

Ok, so i am reading that open carry in Ca. is in rural, unincorporated areas only. Does that mean that in when I take my dog for a walk around my neighborhood I can not uoc? I live in San Diego by the way. I thought I knew but there are so many different write ups??:? Please help anyone that knows.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

If you don't know this then it is likely that you don't know other laws as well. I'd strongly suggest you read up on the various relevant laws before you venture out, lest you accidentally become a criminal.

To answer your question, you can only loaded open carry in unincorporated territory where the discharge of a firearm is not prohibited. You can unloaded open carry in incorporated territory.

Seriously though, please consider studying the laws more before you open carry. Watch pullnshoot25's videos, read the memos at californiaopencarry.org, search the forums for any questions you still may have, and ask any which you cannot find answers to.

Post imported post

I know my laws, however I was puzzled when I saw another text saying that only in un incorp. but it did not specify Loaded or unloaded.

Post imported post

SDPISTOLGRIP wrote:
    I know my laws, however I was puzzled when I saw another text saying that only in un incorp. but it did not specify Loaded or unloaded.
    The presumption here at OCDO is that Open Carry always implies Loaded unless otherwise specified.

So, by OCDO's definition Californians can only Open Carry in Unincorporated areas where discharge of a firearm is not prohibited.

Here in the CA OCDO subforum we have the convention of always specifying either Unloaded Open Carry (UOC) or Loaded Open Carry (LOC)

Post imported post

Thank you for that clarification.