• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HELP!.....

SDPISTOLGRIP

imported post

Ok, so i am reading that open carry in Ca. is in rural, unincorporated areas only. Does that mean that in when I take my dog for a walk around my neighborhood I can not uoc? I live in San Diego by the way. I thought I knew but there are so many different write ups??:? Please help anyone that knows.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

If you don't know this then it is likely that you don't know other laws as well. I'd strongly suggest you read up on the various relevant laws before you venture out, lest you accidentally become a criminal.

To answer your question, you can only loaded open carry in unincorporated territory where the discharge of a firearm is not prohibited. You can unloaded open carry in incorporated territory.

Seriously though, please consider studying the laws more before you open carry. Watch pullnshoot25's videos, read the memos at californiaopencarry.org, search the forums for any questions you still may have, and ask any which you cannot find answers to.

SDPISTOLGRIP

imported post

I know my laws, however I was puzzled when I saw another text saying that only in un incorp. but it did not specify Loaded or unloaded.

mjones

imported post

SDPISTOLGRIP wrote:
I know my laws, however I was puzzled when I saw another text saying that only in un incorp. but it did not specify Loaded or unloaded.

The presumption here at OCDO is that Open Carry always implies Loaded unless otherwise specified.

So, by OCDO's definition Californians can only Open Carry in Unincorporated areas where discharge of a firearm is not prohibited.

Here in the CA OCDO subforum we have the convention of always specifying either Unloaded Open Carry (UOC) or Loaded Open Carry (LOC)