• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Discrimination

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Springfield Smitty wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Opinions are like buttholes... we all have them. But I beseech you to be wary of the fact that anything you say here can, and will, be used against the rest of us. Many folks already peg 2A activists as "rednecks", extreme right-wingers, and intolerant bigots. Please don't allow that stereotype to proliferate.
I absolutely agree and hope others will heed this advice.

Yes, please. Let's keep the bible(s)out of the forum, will ya guys? After all,OCDO is a respectable place.

OK, OK...the Shooter's Bible is OK....

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

Just a sec, I'm not ready to move on yet. Hank T, just why do you think mentioning the Bible isn't a respectable thing to do on OCDO? I find that something that makes me go...hmmmm.

Exodus 22:2 If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.
Castle doctrine:cool:.

St.Luke 22:36 Then he said onto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his script: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Self defense:cool:.

If this offends anyone, you don't have to read it.springerdave.

Veritas

imported post

I'm not religious, pe se... but I do believe that many Holy Books teach many of the same principles. And at the end of the day, I can't say that I disagree with most of them. However, I view Holy Books as a sort of "philosophical law"... the social guidelines that we all, for the most part, should live by. I believe many of the stories are simply personifications of this ideology. Story telling is the easiest manner in which to instil morals in people. While I believe in many of the principles (not all), I don't necessarily believe in many of the stories.

It's my humble opinion that organized religion has become too political... to the point that the fundemental messages are often lost and take a backseat to other interests.