• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How can I help?

SAK

imported post

I'd like to help, and I think I know how I can. I've converted the pretty well-known website www.ICarry.org - formerly focused on Illinois - into a collaborative effort for Illinois AND Wisconsin. I figured we're neighbors, the last two holdouts -- we might as well work together.

We generally get hundreds, although sometimes it dips into the thousands, of unique visitors a day. Page views are in the thousands and sometimes tens of thousands.

http://www.ICarry.org

Check it out and let me know what you think, what you'd like to see, how I can help the cause better. I'd like to keep up with the news. If anyone wants to help by throwing a relevant news story onto the site every once in a while that'd be great too.

I'll be utilizing a fantastic email system where we can contact people based on zip code. This will be powerful for campaigns and election times. I believe concealed carry is inevitable for our two states. My goal is to make it happen as quickly as possible. My wife is expecting me to father children, all my family lives in Illinois pretty much and we just bought ourselves a home. I'm not leaving, so if I'm going to be a parent I definitely want to be able to protect my children.

Lastly, I'm so excited to see the progress with open carry! I was wondering when it would happen, and it looks like it's really coming to fruition now. Very exciting to see! I will join you guys for an open carry event very soon. Speaking of such, let me know ahead of time dates and info on events and we can post them on the calendar at ICarry. Or anyone can post it and a moderator can approve it.

Your friends south of the border.

SAK

imported post

I thought about that, actually. I'd love to incorporate that idea with the domain name.

However, our site has received nearly 6 million page views in the past 4 years, so it's quite popular. Links to it are all over the place. A domain like WICarry or something is harder for people to remember, harder to spell (when talking to people in person and you pronounce "why-carry" they might think WHY or you would have to say "double-you-i carry"

A catchy domain name is soooooo important. It's served us well for years and now it will serve all of us :)

gbu28

imported post

Boy SAK, a quick google search shows you really know how to draw the controversy to yourself. Is that by design or circumstance? :D

SAK

imported post

Only half that stuff's true -- the good half ;) All of that stuff is behind, except I'm still ongoing with the charges for carrying a gun (lawfully) at the shopping mall. That one has cost me a lot of money. I will win eventually though and hopefully get the damages I'm due.

I don't get into crazy stuff anymore - just run my own businesses and have now decided to use a new strategy for gun rights. I'll be behind this damn computer screen most of the time. You'll see me at events - up in WI open carrying. I won't be any different than anyone else though. At least if a ton of us are doing it they can't single me out and arrest me :lol:

Some of the bullcrap on the net has been posted about me (sometimes they even try to make it look like I posted on other websites) to try to hurt my reputation. I'm not into drugs or bestiality or racism or any of that nonsense. Haven't taken the time to try to get all of that junk removed, but someday I will.

Just what happens when you challenge the system sometimes. I don't use those old approaches anymore tho.

:celebrate

gbu28

imported post

I hear you. I'm currently listening to a podcast interview you did on (apparently?) 12/13/08 while I pour over some boring financials...

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

SAK wrote:
I thought about that, actually. I'd love to incorporate that idea with the domain name.

However, our site has received nearly 6 million page views in the past 4 years, so it's quite popular. Links to it are all over the place. A domain like WICarry or something is harder for people to remember, harder to spell (when talking to people in person and you pronounce "why-carry" they might think WHY or you would have to say "double-you-i carry"

A catchy domain name is soooooo important. It's served us well for years and now it will serve all of us :)
It would be ok to say it "Why Carry" then you could give the reasons why you carry.