• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

recorders? spy cams? etc

Michigander

imported post

The days of high quality products are all but gone. It's pretty much 100% Chinese trash these days.

That's why I suggest shopping around at evilbay, amazon, and other places like this before making a purchase on covert recording gear. Usually, but not always, the best prices are on evilbay.

The only nice thing about how cheap electronics have become is that it's affordable to carry a lot more gear.

mikestilly

imported post

Bought a new voice recorder today. Sony ICD-PX720 IC Recorder. Was on sale from $65 to $50. 288 hours of recording time. I'm working on a tiny mic for it next. It looks like the good ones are about the same price as the recorder. It's recommended to use an amplified mic.

After that I'll be looking for a cam . I have a pin cam at home from security but it can only work within range of the receiver. Not something which can be used on your person. Not quite sure how much those are yet. Wow that brickhouse has some cool stuff. I'm tooling around the site now. Damnnn that watch is very damn cool. LOL

Mike

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I actually ordered 2 Key-Loggers from this place about 1.5 years ago. I still use it if I let one of my kids use my home computer (they are pretty young, so they don't use it too much). They were delivered as promised and I have had no issues w/ the Key-Loggers. I don't like to extol the customer service of any company with whom i have had such little experience, but I think they were fine.

Veritas

imported post

johnnyd74 wrote:
http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/new-products.html

did anybody buy anything from these guys?

good?? bad?? junk??

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
I can't personally testify about Brickhouse Security, but I did see them mentioned in a Duracell commercial. It's the one where the mother loses her son, freaks out, then locates her Brickhouse Child Locater to find him. The narrator says something about her using Duracell in her child locater because it's good enough for some professional organization to use in their equipment. Iff you've seen any recent Duracell commercials, then you get the idea.

blairellis

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Bought a new voice recorder today. Sony ICD-PX720 IC Recorder. Was on sale from $65 to $50. 288 hours of recording time. I'm working on a tiny mic for it next. It looks like the good ones are about the same price as the recorder. It's recommended to use an amplified mic.

After that I'll be looking for a cam . I have a pin cam at home from security but it can only work within range of the receiver. Not something which can be used on your person. Not quite sure how much those are yet. Wow that brickhouse has some cool stuff. I'm tooling around the site now. Damnnn that watch is very damn cool. LOL

Mike
Let me know if you find a small mic for yours. I need to get one for mine as well. Thanks!

Veritas

imported post

Just a heads up: Placed an order for a sweet new video/voice recorder. 8GB... should hold about 7 to 9 hours worth of media. USB connects right to computer and downloads with no additional software. 9 to 12 hours of use between charges.

Best part is that it's easily concealed... even if the device IS found on my person, I doubt anyone would know how to access media content; much less delete it. We're talking James Bond type stuff. I won't publicly disclose details (don't want any of our friends who read the forums learning all our secrets, afterall)... but trusted folks are welcome to PM me to find out!

Veritas

imported post

Got my new recorder today. It's all set up and working perfectly. I'm very satisfied with it, for those who asked via PM. Very clear video and it picks up sound very well... even when in my pocket and with background noise. Best part: I can rig it with my blackberry and upload recordings (video and sound) to my email so that even if someone figures out what it is, where it is, and then how to operate it... my media will still be secure. :)

mikestilly

imported post

Veritas wrote:
Got my new recorder today.  It's all set up and working perfectly.  I'm very satisfied with it, for those who asked via PM.  Very clear video and it picks up sound very well... even when in my pocket and with background noise.  Best part:  I can rig it with my blackberry and upload recordings (video and sound) to my email so that even if someone figures out what it is, where it is, and then how to operate it... my media will still be secure.  :)

If you get any good video pass it on to me :) I'd love to get more video on the Youtube channel.

Mike

Veritas

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
If you get any good video pass it on to me :) I'd love to get more video on the Youtube channel.

Mike
For sure. I've been keeping a pretty low profile lately, though. But if anything occurs, it will be captured and shared.