• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCer's in Bisbee Area?

.45acp

imported post

Any OCer's in the Bisbee/Douglas or Sierra Vista area.

I'm staying down here for the next 4 or 5 months and would be up for some shooting or setting up a dinner with fellow OCer's in the area.

I belong to the Sierra Vista range. Anyone else out there?

Steve

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Been to Tombstone much? Are there any actual Americans left in Douglas?

.45acp

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Hi Rebel,

Was in Tomestone todaylooking for a load of 1" minus gravel...no interest from the local guy on a small load.

Douglas; I was at the Burger King for lunch...I was the only American in there.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

.45acp wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Hi Rebel,

Was in Tomestone todaylooking for a load of 1" minus gravel...no interest from the local guy on a small load.

Douglas; I was at the Burger King for lunch...I was the only American in there.
I pulled into that same Burger King (there's only one) bunch'a years ago way late at nite... parkin' lot fulla Mexican kids... 'n I don't think they were legals. I could see they were all ready to give this 'anglo' some crap... 'til I got out of the truck 'n they spotted that .45 on my hip. Not a word... not even to each other.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I pulled into that same Burger King (there's only one) bunch'a years ago way late at nite... parkin' lot fulla Mexican kids... 'n I don't think they were legals. I could see they were all ready to give this 'anglo' some crap... 'til I got out of the truck 'n they spotted that .45 on my hip. Not a word... not even to each other.
I love days like that. ahhh..... memories.......

.45acp

imported post

Yeah, I had a similar experience last week.

I was gassing up and getting drinks at a convenience store on 60 in Phoenix last week, a couple of wanabe gangbanger types started my way running their mouth, I couldn't understand a word they said to each other, but they clearly had me in mind. When I casually turned around so my 1911 was to them and just continued to stare at them, and dropped my right hand just below the grip when they were about 15 feet away. They stopped in unison, turned 90 degrees and headed off to the sidewalk. Neither one started jabbering again until they were out of ear shot. Don’t know they had causing me problems in mind, but they sure where polite in the exit. I figure they were going to hustle me for a donation.

Amazing how that works.

I generally would not stop in that area at night but needed gas and water. Phoenix is a cityya damn sure need to pay attention to what is going on around you.

Steve

boy102789

imported post

I live in bisbee and oc all the time. Yet I always feel like I'm the only one . I would like to see more people oc

lostone1413

imported post

boy102789 wrote:
I live in bisbee and oc all the time. Yet I always feel like I'm the only one . I would like to see more people oc
The wife and a couple of her friends are heading to Bisbee today. Guess they will be their until Tuesday. She said that border patrol is having a big meeting down their and they got most of the rooms in town. I think they found a room at the Eldorado. I haven't been to your neck of the woods in about 10years. Think I might take a run down their next time I go to Tombstone Any idea what the meeting is about? I told her being that close to the border be sure to take a gun with

boy102789

imported post

I live right next to the station in bisbee literally. I heard the national guard is coming too because of the border violence. A rancher and his dog were killed by drug cartels.So I'm pretty sure that's what it's about.

lostone1413

imported post

boy102789 wrote:
I live right next to the station in bisbee literally. I heard the national guard is coming too because of the border violence. A rancher and his dog were killed by drug cartels.So I'm pretty sure that's what it's about.
The Rancher that got killed. Is that the Rancher down by Doglous (sp) your talking about or did another Rancher get killed? By the way I'm up near Sedona

mFonz77

imported post

I live in SV. Went to Bisbee yesterday with a few buddies and we were OC'ing. Got some "hippie stares." Anyway, hit me up with a PM or something, I'm always up for an OC meetup or a shoot out at the range (fellow member).

.45acp

imported post

boy102789 wrote:

I don't get into Bisbee proper much, I'm in Warren a fair bit, Safeway out on the Naco hwy for Starbucks LOL! I've seen several folks OC in Safeway, one day there was two folks in front of me at the checkout OCing.

You aren't alone amigo. I usally wear a straw Stetson and a 1911 with two spare mags. If you see me, introduce yourself, we'll grab a cup of joe if there is time.

Steve

.45acp

imported post

mFonz77 wrote:
I live in SV. Went to Bisbee yesterday with a few buddies and we were OC'ing. Got some "hippie stares." Anyway, hit me up with a PM or something, I'm always up for an OC meetup or a shoot out at the range (fellow member).
PM sent

boy102789

imported post

The one in Douglas is the rancher that I heard about . I also carry a 1911 kimber pro or a sw sigma 40 concealed. Just picked up and m1a and an hk g3 reproduction in Houston and can't wait to take them out to the range.

.45acp

imported post

boy102789 wrote:

There has been alot of BP activity around Double Adobe/McNeal the last week or so. I also noticed 8 or 10 BP vehicals at the Motel 6 (?)on the West end of Douglas the other day. I suspect that it is in response to the murder of Robert Krentz over East of Douglas. From what I have read, he was killed doing the same thing I have done a number of times, come across an illegal in the desert and gave them water, most don't head across the border with enough water to last a day much less 2 or 3. Of course I also call the BP.

Steve

.45acp

imported post

boy102789 wrote:
The one in Douglas is the rancher that I heard about . I also carry a 1911 kimber pro or a sw sigma 40 concealed. Just picked up and m1a and an hk g3 reproduction in Houston and can't wait to take them out to the range.

Where do you shoot? I belong to the SV range, and also shoot south of Warren at the dump.

Steve

boy102789

imported post

I used to live in double adobe on prince road and frequently saw them and I would leave old refilled water bottles by my shed and call bp when I saw them. I'm sure there's more behind the story yet to be released. About why they are getting more and more violent.

boy102789

imported post

Well I used to shoot at the sv range with my younger sister they are friends with the Thompson ranch family who own all the property up until the range but now I stick to the one behind the old ball park in Warren. I drive a small Nissan with a 3 headed dog on the hood if u ever see it parked there I'm usually at the long range with my 7mm mag

.45acp

imported post

The scaled up violence is about money and control. The more the Mexican government cracks down on the dopers the more violence we will see. I lived in Brazil for a number of years, over half out on the Brazil/Bolivian frontier. I was the same there only worse; FARC out of Columbia is controlling a fair bit to the narco trade on the North Western region of South America.

Mexico is nothing but a narco state, and the US is their prime customer. The corruption, money and power resulting from the drug/illegal immigrant trade is what powers much of the Mexican economy, especially on the border states. It will get worse before it gets better…..I now carry an AR-15 whenever I travel out in the bush, and when things go bump in the night, I check ‘em out with a 12ga loaded with 000 buck.

Steve

boy102789

imported post

I understand, I keep a 12 gauge mosberg 500 tactical in my truck when I'm out and about if I see anything happen I will replace it my AR 15 and 3 or 4 mags