• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Potential lawsuit?

jbeck

imported post

I need an attorney that doesn't mind pissing off some people. This Saturday was an interesting day for my fiance and I. His ex-wife was scheduled to pick up their daughter from our house at high noon (an historical time for settling differences of opinions). She shows up with 3 patrol cars. The 'law enforcement officers':monkey claim that a call was made for domestic disturbance involving weapons. Of course, they miss the fact that there could have been no disturbance when she wasn't there to make one yet. So then the swine demand that we disarm ourselves. We of course say no. We are CC holders and we were on our own property. One of the cops circled behind me in an attempt to be in position to remove my .45, however I heard him and quickly turned and advised him that it is not a smart move to sneak up on an armed individual. They ended up staying for an hour even after we asked them to leave once they determined that the matter at hand was a civil matter that they could not enforce and that in fact his ex-wife was trying to start something from nothing. After the whole situation of transferring my fiance's daughter (who is 7 and had to hug us goodbye under 3 officers supervision) to satin incarnate, the moronic thugs stayed to circle my fiance and I and inform us that if they ever asked us again to disarm ourselves that we would under threat of obstruction of justice, the fact that "I could disarm you right now if I wanted to" (which I would love to see happen being as my fiance is a Marine and I learned everything I know regarding firearms from him), and of course jail-time. The best was when the supposed HMFIC tells me that I may have rights but he has a constitutional right to go home at night if that means taking out any threat that makes him nervous. Best part? I HAVE IT ALL TAPE RECORDED as we were expecting problems from his ex-wife. So I would like to hire an attorney that will place a harassment suit or anything of the likes on the Lowndes County Sheriff's department. Unfortunately my father used to practice in this area and has informed me that there will be nobody that will be willing to rock the boat here. I will need to go outside the local Good Ol' boy network. I wanted to contact GCO but was unsure where to post this question or whom to e-mail. Perhaps you could help Malum Prohibitum? My e-mail info is jbeckstrom1223@yahoo.com Everybody please feel free to send anything through the wires that may help point me in the right direction.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

jbeck wrote:
I need an attorney that doesn't mind pissing off some people. This Saturday was an interesting day for my fiance and I. His ex-wife was scheduled to pick up their daughter from our house at high noon (an historical time for settling differences of opinions). She shows up with 3 patrol cars. The 'law enforcement officers':monkey claim that a call was made for domestic disturbance involving weapons. Of course, they miss the fact that there could have been no disturbance when she wasn't there to make one yet. So then the swine demand that we disarm ourselves. We of course say no. We are CC holders and we were on our own property. One of the cops circled behind me in an attempt to be in position to remove my .45, however I heard him and quickly turned and advised him that it is not a smart move to sneak up on an armed individual. They ended up staying for an hour even after we asked them to leave once they determined that the matter at hand was a civil matter that they could not enforce and that in fact his ex-wife was trying to start something from nothing. After the whole situation of transferring my fiance's daughter (who is 7 and had to hug us goodbye under 3 officers supervision) to satin incarnate, the moronic thugs stayed to circle my fiance and I and inform us that if they ever asked us again to disarm ourselves that we would under threat of obstruction of justice, the fact that "I could disarm you right now if I wanted to" (which I would love to see happen being as my fiance is a Marine and I learned everything I know regarding firearms from him), and of course jail-time. The best was when the supposed HMFIC tells me that I may have rights but he has a constitutional right to go home at night if that means taking out any threat that makes him nervous. Best part? I HAVE IT ALL TAPE RECORDED as we were expecting problems from his ex-wife. So I would like to hire an attorney that will place a harassment suit or anything of the likes on the Lowndes County Sheriff's department. Unfortunately my father used to practice in this area and has informed me that there will be nobody that will be willing to rock the boat here. I will need to go outside the local Good Ol' boy network. I wanted to contact GCO but was unsure where to post this question or whom to e-mail. Perhaps you could help Malum Prohibitum? My e-mail info is jbeckstrom1223@yahoo.com Everybody please feel free to send anything through the wires that may help point me in the right direction.
Wow. Sounds like one of those nasty domestic conflagrations. Too bad for the 7-year-old...

I'm glad there was no gunplay.

Can you post the audio recording somehow?

jbeck

imported post

I'm sure my fiance can. We will definitely get that up here for your enjoyment. He needs to clean it up a little first as having 3 patrol cars and an SUV cranked up created a lot of front noise.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Criminals. If I were one of the cops, I would have arrested the ex-wife for abuse of 911 system and false crime reporting, and provided you the case number so you could present a good case to the family court judge for absolute termination of her parental rights.

codename_47

imported post

Best part? I HAVE IT ALL TAPE RECORDED as we were expecting problems from his ex-wife. So I would like to hire an attorney that will place a harassment suit or anything of the likes on the Lowndes County Sheriff's department.

NICE!! Get a copy of their police reports now before they can alter them.

Carnivore

imported post

I personally wouldn't publicize the recordings just yet.. They as of now are original and I would keep them that way until a decision is made concerning the originality and factsof the situation..

GoldCoaster

imported post

That's the most prudent course of action. FOI all the reports, the 911 tape referring to the alleged domestic disturbance and any and all officer notes. They will be making their reports based on what will make them looks best. Those are legal documents once submitted and falsifying those is one of the very few things that can get a cop an unpaid vacation. I don't really know what is a qualifying even to actually get someone fired.

Very creepy them trying to outflank you in an attempt to disarm, that's just asking for someone to get hurt or killed. All they needed to do was observe and behave themselves.

I don't know what the psycho ex-wife is like but I would expect that your states equivalent of DCF (department of children and families here in my state) to be set upon you and depending on what those sheriff weenies wrote, try and claim that your fiancee is an unfit parent. Pissed off Ex-es will stoop to unimaginable depths to go after their former spouses. Watch your backs.

Good luck!

Let us know how it all turns out when it hits the fan.