Thread: OC in Bangor

Post imported post

I spoke with Police Chief Gary Baker from Bangor today. I had sent him an email asking his position on open carry, and his response was a little ambiguous, but he invited me to contact him further.

When he called me back, he said that he had some questions, and the first one was whether I had a CPL. I replied that I did, and he said that with the CPL, things were easier, as you didn't have to lock the gun in the trunk, etc, and that more places were accessible with the CPL.

He said that he didn't have a problem with OC, and I was good to go.

Post imported post

Nice to see you have a police chief that is on board. Hopefully his officers act the same.

Carry on.

Post imported post

I know most of the Bangor Officers and they are ok to deal with IMOP... They do like to write speeding tickets though
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Experience, or hearsay?

I've never been stopped, I have traveled through Bangor twice a day for 22 years now.

Post imported post

Experience... although they do seem to target young people more than adults... Also if you don't speed..... I don't anymore so no problems for me... my students on the other hand seem to have issues there! But I imagine they are speeding.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    I know most of the Bangor Officers and they are ok to deal with IMOP... They do like to write speeding tickets though
    Yes they do!

The posted speed limit there is SO SLOW - everyone drives thru to go to S. Haven, and they must make their entire budget writing tickets to speeders.

On heavy traffic days and holidays, they even have bicycle cops pulling over cars.

One time I saw 14 cars in a row pulled over, all at the same time. It was nuts.

Bangor...

Post imported post

yep they mean 25 in the downtown! And not more than 2 or 3 over

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Nah, if you are a fine upstanding longtime resident, such as myself, you have no problems!

I haven't had a moving violation since 1978, and the last ticket I had was a seatbelt violation about 6 years ago. That was the MSP on M43.

It's you furriners that have trouble!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

jvanhorn wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    Nah, if you are a fine upstanding longtime resident, such as myself, you have no problems!

I haven't had a moving violation since 1978, and the last ticket I had was a seatbelt violation about 6 years ago. That was the MSP on M43.

Where do I get one of those special Bangor stickers for my bumper that lets them know I'm a local????
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Just come to the apple festival and get an apple fest bumper sticker :celebrate

Post imported post

I could make a sticker that says "I LOVE BANGOR PD"
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    jvanhorn wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:

Where do I get one of those special Bangor stickers for my bumper that lets them know I'm a local????
    Actually, it's good looks and fine character that does the trick!!!

Post imported post

jvanhorn wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    jvanhorn wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:

Wait a minute I met you

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    jvanhorn wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    jvanhorn wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:

Wait a minute I met you
    Well, certainly you see my point, then?

Post imported post

:what: