• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milwaukee Tea Party this Saturday September 19th

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
No thanks don't need your degree I have two of my own. and by the way I graduated at the top of my class with double honors and a 4.0 GPA and have the transcripts to prove it.

You should try to explain how good privatization is to the taxpayers of this state that will lose their jobs. I am sure they will be very interested in your opinion on why this is such a good thing for them.

In the mean time who will pay their mortgage and their bills?

Watch the unemployment rate go even higher then the record highs we have now.
Gee what if it effects your job, will you be in favor then?
James... Its unfortuante your degree wasn't in economics. I'm not being a smart ass, but most people (like you) don't understand at all how the entire economic cycle works.

If I actually thought you had the desire to be open-minded about it, I might take the time to explain the economic process to you here, but like most short-sighted voters, you only think about tomorrow... You only look one move ahead. You don't look down the road at the big picture.

There are volumes of economic data to support how economies prosper when their resources (labor included) are used most efficiently and most productively. There are volumes of data to support how much more efficient the private sector utilizes resources than government does.

The short-term loss of jobs from privitization would be offset by a sustainable long-term growth in productive private sector jobs for the very people who would then be employed by the private sector in efficient production not the public sector in innefficient roles.

I know your mind is already made up. Hell, you latched onto a freedom-ignorant candidate for governor within seconds of him stroking your myopic gun-rights only view of government. So "carry on".

I'll be at veterans park on Saturday with thousands of other people who care about ALL rights. Not part of the PROBLEM of people like you who cherry pick just a few.

Well Hugh, again I am just amazed. You are claiming you are going to the TEA Party to show support of all rights. Yet when I chose to exercise my right of freedom of speech, You start throwing insults at me and telling me how uneducated I am and how much I am part of the problem. Go figure. I am actually one of the people who can say they have put their life on the line and fought for "Your" rights. But hey what do I know?

As far as the privatization goes, if Walker should happen to win and he does invoke privatization in this state, I sure hope you will invite me to be there when you share your thoughts and explain to the newly unemployed just how much better off they are.

Walkers only plan for privatization as far as the D.O.C. is concerned is to break the state employees union. He is in for a battle that will cost the tax payers millions.
But hey it is all for the betterment of the state.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Well Hugh, again I am just amazed. You are claiming you are going to the TEA Party to show support of all rights. Yet when I chose to exercise my right of freedom of speech, You start throwing insults at me and telling me how uneducated I am and how much I am part of the problem.

Once again James. You are demonstrating your lack of comprehension of what "rights" are.

See James. The "freedom of speech" means the government can't tell you what to say or when to say it. (with a few exceptions (fire in a theater etc)) Freedom of speech means I'm free to tell you I think you are off your rocker at the same time you are free to express your opinion to me. The world can decide for each and every one of themselves individually who's got merit. "freedom of speech" has nothing to do with it. The fact that you bring it up as a defense for your off-base opinions is evidence in and of itself that you don't know what you are talking about.

As far as the privatization goes, if Walker should happen to win and he does invoke privatization in this state, I sure hope you will invite me to be there when you share your thoughts and explain to the newly unemployed just how much better off they are.

Walkers only plan for privatization as far as the D.O.C. is concerned is to break the state employees union. He is in for a battle that will cost the tax payers millions.

James.. We all get it... You are a state employee. Union at that. You'll support any candidate who tells you what to hear so you don't ever.. in your entire life... have to change or adapt in the slightest. Good job. The rest of the world thanks you for your torpidity as they pass you by. You can't see past the nose on your face when it comes to economics. Carry on....

SD26

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Don't the state workers already cost individual taxpayers millions? What about the rights of individuals?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
Well Hugh, again I am just amazed. You are claiming you are going to the TEA Party to show support of all rights. Yet when I chose to exercise my right of freedom of speech, You start throwing insults at me and telling me how uneducated I am and how much I am part of the problem.

Once again James. You are demonstrating your lack of comprehension of what "rights" are.

See James. The "freedom of speech" means the government can't tell you what to say or when to say it. (with a few exceptions (fire in a theater etc)) Freedom of speech means I'm free to tell you I think you are off your rocker at the same time you are free to express your opinion to me. The world can decide for each and every one of themselves individually who's got merit. "freedom of speech" has nothing to do with it. The fact that you bring it up as a defense for your off-base opinions is evidence in and of itself that you don't know what you are talking about.

James.. We all get it... You are a state employee. Union at that. You'll support any candidate who tells you what to hear so you don't ever.. in your entire life... have to change or adapt in the slightest. Good job. The rest of the world thanks you for your torpidity as they pass you by. You can't see past the nose on your face when it comes to economics. Carry on....
Yada yada yada, everyone listen to Hugh and follow his lead or he will get mad and bang his head on the desk.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

SD26 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Don't the state workers already cost individual taxpayers millions? What about the rights of individuals?
If you want to be honest, I for example as a State Correctional sergeant am paid approximately $7.00 less an hour then a County Correctional Sergeant.

I think as a whole there are a hell of a lot more people out there that cost the tax payers more money then state employees. Walker is one of them.

So now that everyone has remembered that it is not appropriate to bash police officer in this forum, it has been decided to bash state employees instead.

This has become a forum of sheep. I am sure the good Shepard Hugh will lead you all home safely.

SD26

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
SD26 wrote: If you want to be honest, I for example as a State Correctional sergeant am paid approximately $7.00 less an hour then a County Correctional Sergeant.

I think as a whole there are a hell of a lot more people out there that cost the tax payers more money then state employees. Walker is one of them.

So now that everyone has remembered that it is not appropriate to bash police officer in this forum, it has been decided to bash state employees instead.

This has become a forum of sheep. I am sure the good Shepard Hugh will lead you all home safely.
I'm not following anyone, so, it's probably better to advise one to not throw rocks inside one's own glass house.

The bottom line is that government is a huge monopoly and the force to require payment. That was not the intent of the founders. This is a chartered republic. Recognize that individual rights are above the desires of government workers.

comp45acp

imported post

Kancho wrote:
I keep hearing of the event, but not a word as to what time it all starts. Is it really ONLY 3PM to 5PM for all these people?

Let's not forget who Vicky McKenna is married to. A Madison hardcore liberal...

I'll be voting for Walker because I dont want Doyle getting in a clone of his. Sorry to add the the ridiculous flamewar.

Bringing my 14-year old son, who begged me to take him.

PS., Use this event to get you riled up to DO SOMETHING, not just appease your frustration. I know so many hardcore right-wingers that listen to talk radio, feel better, and hope someone ELSE does something about it for them while they do NOTHING. The left fights harder, and they fight dirty. Complaining means they win every time.

See you all there

-Kancho.

Ahhh....Vicki is not married.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

SD26 wrote:
The bottom line is that government is a huge monopoly and the force to require payment. That was not the intent of the founders. This is a chartered republic. Recognize that individual rights are above the desires of government workers.
Well hey, lets just let all of the murders, rapists and child molesters right out of prison and then you won't have to worry about spending any tax dollars on the people who are keeping that sludge locked up to protect society.

You people that think there should be absolutely no cost for any public service are the biggest laugh of society.

Sure I am not in favor of big government, never have been, but I also know that there is a need for public service. The reason it is called "Public Service" is because it isn't "Privatized."

But hey, I can see your point, maybe we should just get rid of all local and state police and corrections officers and we could hire Black Water! That is a private security company and I am sure they would give us a great price quote.

Maybe one of you could call them and we could get the ball rolling on this.

They did an excellent job of adding to the corruption in Iraq, I am sure they could do the same here at home, all at a great price.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Nice hijack guys.... Heaven forbid an opportunity for Union bashing go untaken... All this does iscontinue the division in the gun rights community. Whether someone buys their guns with Union wages or not is none of your business. Debating the merits and pitfalls of Unions has no place on a gun rights board.

Rating acandidate based on his or her position on our 2nd Amendment rights is all that need be discussed. Whether they have gay butt sex with puppies or they steal welfare checks from little old ladieshas no bearing here. There areplenty of other boards where these things can be discussed.

We need unity. Let's get back on mission....

Constitutionalist

imported post

To get back on topic, went to the tea party. It was refreshing to see so many people with the same frustrations. All the 2nd amendment shirts/signs/flags was GREAT! It was too bad we could not OC, which brings me to a question. I know there is some charter school that must rent out part of the art museum, but did you see the "Official" MPD school zone map? The area they mark as school grounds goes into the lake and WAYYYYY into veterans park. I am not talking about the 1000 foot zone, I am talking about school property. Maybe they made it exceptionally large to keep guns out of Vets park on purpose.

(Ok now to stir the pot.) I am voting for Walker. Yes, voting for your IDEAL candidate is a very good thing to do, but if the guy is unelectable, meaning he doesn't stand a chance, you are performing an excercise in futility. Whats so bad about that? Nothing, just ask Al Gore what he thinks about those 5% of democatic votes he lost to Nader which handed Bush the 2000 election.

Walker may not be ideal, but he is a hell of a lot better for those that are concerned about gun issues than anyone the libs are going to put up. Just my 2 cents.

apierce918

imported post

Constitutionalist wrote:
To get back on topic, went to the tea party. It was refreshing to see so many people with the same frustrations. All the 2nd amendment shirts/signs/flags was GREAT! It was too bad we could not OC, which brings me to a question. I know there is some charter school that must rent out part of the art museum, but did you see the "Official" MPD school zone map? The area they mark as school grounds goes into the lake and WAYYYYY into veterans park. I am not talking about the 1000 foot zone, I am talking about school property. Maybe they made it exceptionally large to keep guns out of Vets park on purpose.

(Ok now to stir the pot.) I am voting for Walker. Yes, voting for your IDEAL candidate is a very good thing to do, but if the guy is unelectable, meaning he doesn't stand a chance, you are performing an excercise in futility. Whats so bad about that? Nothing, just ask Al Gore what he thinks about those 5% of democatic votes he lost to Nader which handed Bush the 2000 election.

Walker may not be ideal, but he is a hell of a lot better for those that are concerned about gun issues than anyone the libs are going to put up. Just my 2 cents.
how many votes would be accounted for of people who wouldnt vote for a particular candidate just because they didnt think they had a chance?

i'm guessing a lot

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Constitutionalist wrote:
We won't know that until he stops hiding and starts answering questions, honestly.
With his huge ego and the way he ignores the citizens in the northern part of the state, I think he is in for a big surprise and you just may be wasting that vote.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Thank God it's over... the lies..THE LIES!!!!

None of this mess started until the Obama Administration took over?

OOOOHHHHHhhhhhh PLease. You don't actually think we are that stupid, DO YOU????

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah, and I graduated some cum loudly from the school of hard knockers. Lets get this thread back on track. What happened at the tea party?

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Tea Party was fantastic. Tons of people, great turnout. It got started late because there was such a traffic back-up to get to the lakefront. They said at 3 oclock that traffic was backed up from the lakefront through the marquette interchange.

I came by boat, so no traffic for me. ;)

It was great to see SOOOO many people who care about freedom and whats happening with our government. My boat was docked in a transient slip, so I could only stay for about an hour, and when I left at 3:45 people were still POURING in.

I was really struck by the diversity of people there. When you hear politicians who don't want to admit to themselves they are out of touch with the general public say this is "manufactured" protests and these people are "activists" is just ignorant. Walking around, it was clear the people there were just average americans. All ages. Lots of parents who brought their tween-age children.

I took some pictures, I'll pull them off my camera and put them up.