• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas "gun run" on permits; open carry ban limits self-defense for folks stuck in

CrossFire

imported post

Well the CHL is only $140 for five years. The initial course is $95 to $125 depending on where you take it with renewal around $75 for the course. All in all I guess we are lucky to be able to conceal/carry at all in Texas.

CrossFire

imported post

Tex4OC wrote:
Yeah, I guess your right, $4.00 bucks a month to protect yourself, your family, home, property, and all the others who have decided for one reason or another not to defend themselves is just to much of a burden. Give up one happy meal a month and you can pay for your license. Think about it people, get your priorities straight. Until we get a better system we have to work within this one.
I agree

dlofton

imported post

Why even worry about getting a permit at all? Just carry openly and don't worry about it. The Constitution makes it very clear...."....Congress shall pass no law..."

People in this forum are so upset about their state government taking away their right to "open carry" that they forget that the US Constitution trumps TX law.

Come to Guadalupe County where I am a deputy constable. I promise you that I will not arrest you for open carry or any other type of carry. I know this because I swore to uphold the Constitution and the law of Texas; however, I chose to uphold the Constitution first and foremost.

Bottom line: don't worry about permits or any of that other crap. Just carry openly, concealed, or any other way you want because that is what the Constitution allows. If you do anything else other than that you are not be true to what you honestly believe your rights really are.

BTW...if any of those communists over in Tarrant or Travis Counties arrest you for open carry just tell them what I told you about in this post and they will let you go promptly.

David

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

dlofton wrote:
Come to Guadalupe County where I am a deputy constable. I promise you that I will not arrest you for open carry or any other type of carry. I know this because I swore to uphold the Constitution and the law of Texas; however, I chose to uphold the Constitution first and foremost.
In my mind, your choice was the only morally and legally correct choice you could have made. Since the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, your sworn oath (and that of every other peace officer in the county) requires you to negate that which conflicts with it.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Pennsylvania (600,000+ licenses with a population of only 12.5 million).

Open Carry legal, supported by State Supreme Court rulings, no license required for such.

Carry in drinking establishments (bars, restaurants, whatever) legal (no law against it).

Carry in churches legal (no law against it).

Carry in most government buildings legal (no law against it).

No training required.

No fingerprints required.

A one-page application for license.

Cost? $20-$45 (depending on the county).

No blood flowing in the streets, no shoot-outs at traffic stops.

SlowDog

imported post

Statkowski wrote:
Pennsylvania (600,000+ licenses with a population of only 12.5 million).

Open Carry legal, supported by State Supreme Court rulings, no license required for such.

Carry in drinking establishments (bars, restaurants, whatever) legal (no law against it).

Carry in churches legal (no law against it).

Carry in most government buildings legal (no law against it).

No training required.

No fingerprints required.

A one-page application for license.

Cost? $20-$45 (depending on the county).

No blood flowing in the streets, no shoot-outs at traffic stops.
Sounds good til you count Philly & Pitsburgh....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

SlowDog wrote:
Sounds good til you count Philly & Pitsburgh....
They are only geographically part of Pa.

PaFOA is working on the rest of it, very effectively I might add.

Yata hey