• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The 912 Project Rally in DC last Saturday.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Link to a story by Terri Stocke, President of the 2A March. She went to the 9/12 rally in DC last Saturday to learn more about what we have to do to organize a large March on April 19th, 2010 and gain insight on how a large rally works.Below is the first paragraph of here story. I found it interesting on a variety of levels. Below is a link to the entire story in pdf.

The 912 Project – A Defining Moment
[/b]By Terri Stocke, President[/b]
Second Amendment March[/b]

I just returned home at 1:00 a.m. this morning from Washington, D.C. (no thanks to a cancelled flight on United Airlines, but that's another story). For those of you who know me well, I'm sure you know immediately my purpose for the journey. For those of you who don't know me as well or haven't heard about it, I traveled to D.C. with 1.5 MILLION of my fellow Americans to gather on Capitol Hill for the National Tea Party this past Saturday. ]Words cannot adequately describe the experience there, yet I feel compelled to share it with you.

IanB

imported post

Ummm I live in the DC metro area, about 15 miles from the DC/VA border. I attend a LOT of events on the Mall. The TEA Party (which I attended all day) DID NOT pack bodies "shoulder to shoulder to the Washington Monument". This lady is nuts if she thinks the turnout was that large, and there certainly were not people standing all the way to the monument. The crowd was densest around the reflecting pool, where it was hard to move. Closer up at the Capitol Bld there was plenty of green space between people to maneuver about. Further away just a bit (200 yards) west of the reflecting pool the crowd was non-existent. Just the open green space of the Mall, ohh and there were tents set up close by the Monument for the "Black Families Reunion". My best estimate (based on years of attending events on the Mall) was there were about 100,000 people there for the TEA rally.

This picture was taken at 1:32pm close by the capitol bld. Does it look shoulder to shoulder to you?

DSC_0543.jpg

We-the-People

imported post

The official reports are 1.5-2 MILLION participants. It was a HUGE success.

My wife and I attended the 9-12 rally at the Oregon Capitol building. She CC'd, I OC'd. I was the only OCer there. I only saw 2 cops all day. One was a long ways off in his cruiser sitting at the street barricade. Later a motorcycle officer pulled though the barricade and parked very near us (about 75 feet) and just sat there watching us (me actually). I know this because he parked in the direct sun when shade was close by but wouldn't afford a clear view of me, he never removed his helmet, and his head was always within a few degrees of my position.

All's well that ends well, after 5-8 minutes he started up the bike and left the area.

ALL the rally's I've read of were successes though none as impressive as the DC event with so many people they had to start the march an hour early because there was no room for arriving people.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We-the-People wrote:
The official reports are 1.5-2 MILLION participants.  It was a HUGE success.

My wife and I attended the 9-12 rally at the Oregon Capitol building.  She CC'd, I OC'd.  I was the only OCer there.  I only saw 2 cops all day.  One was a long ways off in his cruiser sitting at the street barricade.  Later a motorcycle officer pulled though the barricade and parked very near us (about 75 feet) and just sat there watching us (me actually).  I know this because he parked in the direct sun when shade was close by but wouldn't afford a clear view of me, he never removed his helmet, and his head was always within a few degrees of my position.

All's well that ends well, after 5-8 minutes he started up the bike and left the area.

ALL the rally's I've read of were successes though none as impressive as the DC event with so many people they had to start the march an hour early because there was no room for arriving people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0__Czg7Utwk

I think these show that there were definitely more than 30,000, definitely more than 100,000. You be the judge.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

To put this in perspective, the Pontiac Silverdome seating capacity is around 90,000. So, I would say there was well over 100,000 in attendance.

BTW, gotta love the "Don't Tax Me Bro" sign.