• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A general concern

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
users/3068.htmlT Vance wrote:
Which is a legitimate thing to think about. Obviously you weren't the first one to think about it.

I've never been first in anything :p Just wanted to address a possible (now non-existent) concern in order to be prepared with information and knowledge for such a situation.
If you are married sorry to hear about that;)

DanM

imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
When you have a question without an answer of your own, that you believe is important, regardless of wether it truely is or not, do you keep silent and always wonder, or do you try to get an answer by using available avenues?

It happened in our history, why not again? History does tend to repeat. Yes, we have a much different society in this day and age. Yes, we have a structured law enforcement. Even you can't truely say that it won't happen. You must be rich beyond your wildest dreams, being able to predict the future and all.

Certainly, you should askquestions and bring up ideas for critical discussion. Don't feel timid about that, but expect also critical discussion if a question oridea warrants it. I felt the concernyou presented warrantedcritical discussion. This does not mean you shouldn't have brought it up. I believe you sincerely had this concern in your mind.

You asked for people to speculate onthe future, by the very way you state your concern. I gave you what you asked for: my speculation on the future with regard to your concern, alongwith thereasoning for thatbased in the here-and-now. What's with the"You must be rich beyond your wildest dreams, being able to predict the future and all"?