• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My stories of self-defence

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

ixtow wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
ixtow wrote:
There was no cause to seize the weapon, there is no such thing as a required ATF 'check'....

Yes, flag on the play.

Defending your life from an attacker does not create evidence of a crime.
It does if the prosecutor wants to turn your self-defense into a criminal offense.
Aye, but the Prosecutor surely hasn't got a crystal ball any better than mine... How could s/he even be aware of the event yet?

Unless there is some kind of standing policy established to presume all gun owners who defend themselves are guilty until proven innocent. If there is, I think that would be pretty damning to them, not the victim who had to defend themselves.
That presumption of guilt used to exist in AZ, supposed bastion of civil rights that it is. I would not be surprised if it was law or policy in the majority of DA jurisdictions nationwide. 22,000 infringements on the 2A... would take decades if not centuries to knock them all down in the courts. And the traitorous bastards know it.

zack991

imported post

mustangkiller wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
mustangkiller wrote:
The first time I had to pull my weapon was about 4 years ago.I was a tow truck operator at the time.I was dispatched to pick up and impound a vehical in a small town justnorth of where I live.The chief of police asked me to give the guys driving the car a ride to the bus station as they were on the way home to Mexico.(about 2.5 hours south)I told the guys the charge would be $20 cash and they agreed.When we got to the station they exited my truck and refused to pay.One of the guys pulled out his pocket knife and asked if we were going to have a problem.I reached into my door pocket and pointed a .380 at him and said "no I don't think we are.You gonna pay me or what"He promptly put his knife away and payed me.

The second time was last year and this one was much more of a dire situation.My mother in law lives next door to a psycho older man.He is well known in town for gutting people in his younger days and getting awaywith it scott-free.He and I had words a few time about where LEGALY park my truck.Once after we both got pretty heated but not wanting to punch an old man in the chest and kill him I dropped it and went inside.As most of you know atm you can not open carry in TX and I don't have a CHL.You can however carry in your vehical.He knows I carry a 9mm and still insisted on attacking me that afternoon when I walked back outside.He came at me with a serated(sp?) curved blade about 4 inches long.I was able to throw him on the ground but not before he cut me twice.Luckily it wasn't bad at all.I didn't even realize i had been cut at that point.He got up and I drew down.He kept telling me to shoot him.I told him to take one step forward and I'd put two in his chest and one in his head.He never did take that step.The police showed up shortly after.I secured my weapon and handed it over to the LEO's.They arrested him for assault with a deadly weapon and gave me my gun back the next day after the required ATF checks.

I firmly belive my weapon saved my life even though i never fired a shot.At the very least it saved me from serious injury both times.

:cuss:

FLAG ON THE PLAY!!! I'M THROWING THE BULLCHIPS FLAG ON THIS ONE!!!

Your lousy spelling, grammar,run-on sentences, lack of typing skills and recently made screen name leads me to believe you are a previously known to ussporknoid and bullchipper with previous sillyazz posts under the s/n of GlockIt.

A tow-driver that impounds a vehicle NEVER gives the people that had it a ride. They're usually so pissed off, the tow driver would likely do it in the middle of the night OR have police on hand for security. This story doesn't hold water, champ...

"Curved serrated 4" blade"??? Never seen a curved blade that short. Never seen a serrated curved blade... period. I've seen "skinning" knives that short, but they're not usually serrated.

If you were invoved in an incident like this in Texas, you would NOT get your weapon back the NEXT DAY. It would take a few WEEKS or even a MONTH or more for them to give it back. They don't do an "ATF" check. They do ballistic fingerprinting of your weapon and check the marks left by your extractor, firing pin and rifling of your barrel, EVEN THOUGH YOU NEVER FIRED A SHOT! ATF doesn't maintain a database on that stuff, the FBI and individual states do.

You're STILL more FOS than a Christmas Turkey. Don't you have some homework to do?

put you flag back in your pocket and never doubt me again.newbie or not i could care less what you think of my typing abilities.

second,get a mod to check my ip address.ive never been a member of this site till today.

third,how dare you doubt my veracity.the town i impounded for was driscoll TX.look em up population 800.and about as corrupt as they get.ben zapata was the chief at the time.these were illeagal aliens they were never gonna see that car again and to be honest im surprised it didnt brake down on them long ago.

fourth,get ready to eat your words cause im gonna edit this post with photographic proof of it all.

oh and the reason i got my weapon back so quickly is because my wife is a dispatch suprevisor for our local pd and the detective asked the evidence tech to put a rush on her "ATF ETRACE" yes i said ATF ETRACE.

brb asswipe.

my current tow lic.

a portion of the police report.notice the dispatchers last name and compare it to mine

thats the evidence techs report.its a little hard to read but its there

dont ever doubt me again.oh thanx for the warm welcome btw jackass
Sorry have to say PWNED. Life is stranger then fiction.

simmonsjoe

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
FunkTrooper wrote:
Sorry MSC 45ACP jumped down your throat, reading your story I was suspicious that it could be false however I (and most on this forum) would just ask for police report etc, It's really great to see a new member post and know that he isn't a troll. Welcome to the forum.

I apologize for my earlier accusations. I thought from your poor grammar and spelling skills that you were a well-known troll from our recent past. this fellow fought off several attacking terroristsin his driveway with his AK in south Florida.

I can see now that you're probably just a hard-working South Texan that was probably too busy working to feed the family to get a good education.

Hat's off to you, and welcome to the site. Sorry for the lousy welcome, Brother.

My son is a "Native Texan". He was born in Houston when I was stationed there.

Semper Paratus
msc
w00t?! Why were terrorist attacking his driveway?? Don't see how that will mess up our way of life or destroy our imperial capitalist regime.