• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carrying in Rockbridge County

mrt6812

imported post

Has anyone had any experiences with police or business in Lexington, Buena Vista or the rest of the county? I'm in school in NC but come home sometimes to visit the family and am looking into getting my CC permit and thinking of open carrying.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I occasionally pass through Buena Vista as I travel to visit folk back in Ohio. However, I have only stopped in the BP up near I-81 and the Exxon station with the Burger King there on Rt. 60. I have not ever had any issue OC-ing in either of those spots, but I may have only been in each while OC-ing once or twice.

**Just remembered, I have once eaten at the Ruby Tuesday in Lexington while OC-ing and had no issues whatsoever.

mrt6812

imported post

Good to know that there haven't been any bad experiences yet. I'm surprised you didn't get any flack at the Exxon/Burger King on 60 because every time I drive by there, cops are hanging out.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've never had a problem interacting with Virginia cops while carrying in any place I've been. Heck I had dinner in Campbell Co. a few months ago and there were 3 or 4 agencies represented in the alcohol serving establishment and no one seemed to give me and my firearam a second thought. This was at a place with a buffet too and me and my gun couldn't be missed.

POORBOY

imported post

My cousin lives in BV i've never had a problem down there and I have oc'd and cc. The cops down there are ok as far as bein up to date on the laws as far as i can tell.

But with that said they are hard on traffic laws lol!!. Luckily My cousin is a jailer at the county jail, and my aunt has lived in that town for 20-25 yrs so i just talk and useally work myself out of trouble lol!!!

mrt6812

imported post

yeah, they're pretty bad on traffic because they have absolutely nothing else to do. Once I was pulled over for apparently not keeping my vehicle straight. The cop just wanted to know what I was up to. I figured since the cops around there don't have much to do, they'd harass on gun laws.

POORBOY

imported post

haha yeah I've been stopped because my windows are tinted to dark, and my truck was to loud.

Just once on the windows and they quit and they couldnt find anything out of wack with my truck so they just leave me be now. Course now Iknow a couple of them.

What I dont understandis why they need all those new chargers?????

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

POORBOY wrote:
haha yeah I've been stopped because my windows are tinted to dark, and my truck was to loud.

Just once on the windows and they quit and they couldnt find anything out of wack with my truck so they just leave me be now. Course now Iknow a couple of them.

So they can catch the good ol boys and find out whats goin on.:lol::lol::lol:

POORBOY

imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
POORBOY wrote:

So they can catch the good ol boys and find out whats goin on.:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:Hi speed chicken thieves:shock: