• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC in a location where Alcohol is consumed

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

Visisting back in Killeen TX again, been out of state for a year now. I have a TX CCL and remember the 51% sign. I know I shouldn't be in there. The question is, while I was not carrying and in a local resturant that served, I looked and didn't see the old 51% sign. There was one thatwas orange/black lettering about 1 inch and lower down on the glass another sign stated " the unlicensed possesion of a handgun is illegal........" So which is it? I am licensed but the other sign saying no weapons, which also was not the 51% sign would have caused me not to go in, if I was carrying. Has the law changed since the summer of 2008? I looked up the statutes and they seem to have been changed this year but still state the 51% rule based on the findings of the Alchohol commision for any paticular location.

What is the deal now.

nonameisgood

imported post

If the establishment serves more alcohol than food, they have to post a 51 sign. If not, and there is no 30.06, you should carry.

rodbender

imported post

Most restaurants are not 51%. If it is not posted 51%, and you know it should be, you shouldn't be there. However, as of Sept. 1st, it is a defense from persecution that they didn't have the sign posted. Most restaurants would have to have a 30.06 sign posted if they do not want your money. A simple "NO GUNS" sign is not enough to make it illegal to carry.

EDIT: You're not too far away in Kileen. Are you going to make it to the BBQ?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum51/31055.html