• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC gatherings in/near Lima/Allen County.

FacelessJoe

imported post

I have decided to make OC a permanent part of my life having made my first OC session in Virgina during my trip to D.C. for the 9/12 rally.

I am wondering if there are any OC groups in the Lima/Allen County region, or do I have to begin one.

I am currently not a licensed CCW holder, but I am not going to let that stop me from exercising the rights I have.

If anyone has pertinent information or a lack there of it would be greatly appriciated.

w8new

imported post

Do you live in Lima or outside of the city limits? Where do you carry usually? Are you aware that there seem to be more "man with a gun" calls in Lima here lately? I heard a couple such calls Wednesday October 7th, one in the evening. I've started wondering if some of the crooks are starting to openly carry their guns or are there more good guys carrying and getting harassed by Lima PD when they get a MWAG call.

Please email me - w8new at yahoo.com or check my profile for the address.

FacelessJoe

imported post

Live outside Lima. Haven't carried in Lima as of yet. Taking CCW class in Nov. so I don't have to do the magazine shuffle in my vehicle.

The MWAG calls is part of the reason I would like ot start a OC group in the area. A lot of people I know don't have a problem with firearms, but they still not sure on all of the legalitys. Get LEO's involved as much as possible & let people know that just because you see a MWAG doesn't mean there is going to be trouble, they want to start trouble, or they are intent on breaking the law.

w8new

imported post

FacelessJoe wrote:
Live outside Lima. Haven't carried in Lima as of yet. Taking CCW class in Nov. so I don't have to do the magazine shuffle in my vehicle.

The MWAG calls is part of the reason I would like ot start a OC group in the area. A lot of people I know don't have a problem with firearms, but they still not sure on all of the legalitys. Get LEO's involved as much as possible & let people know that just because you see a MWAG doesn't mean there is going to be trouble, they want to start trouble, or they are intent on breaking the law.
I live in Lima in the Kibby Corners area if you know where that is. I'd be interested in taking part in a Lima area group but I can only get away for a while on Saturdays and Sundays.

I heard another MenWAG call Monday evening but this one was definitely legit and I wish they had been able to get all of them but from what I heard they didn't.

If interested you can take a look at what happened to my daughter and I at Square Fair in August here: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=34691

FacelessJoe

imported post

Actually your story is the one that prompted my searching for an OC group in the surrounding Lima area. Yes you do live in a rough area of town. One I would definitly not want to go for a walk through unarmed after dark.

Now that I have another person interested I'm going to have to set something up. I have friends interested, but they are all friends. I would really like to get people I'm not familiar with involved. That way its not just a group of friends & relatives. I want to have them, but I would love to have broad cross section of Lima & the surrounding communities. I also know quite a few people in Law Enforcement so any of them I can get on board will be great.

Another thing is that one wouldn't have to be armed to join in. I want ot make this kind of like the Charitable American Italian Orginization. A group of people who are not afraid of there own shadow getting together to do stuff. Like the trash pick-up days are a great idea. Have a day @ the park with a picnic. Do fundraisers for local charities. Put out a press release saying X event is happening Y day @ Z location. Support the local 4-H Sharpshooters. Sponsor some type of scholarship through the F.O.P. Maybe even get some of the local churches involved if there aren't too many qualms with the congreagation.This is all down the road, mind you, but one should have an idea of where they would like to go before they start a trip.

The ultimate objective is to get a presence out in the public & let them realize that its ok to have firearms. It should be applauded. But first there must be someone who is armed that isn't out to rob you, sell you something you don't need, or possibly infringe on your rights.

I'll see what I can do about setting something up soon. I'll keep you posted.

w8new

imported post

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Keep me informed and I'll do whatever I can from here. Just keep in mind that I usually can only get away for a short time on weekends.

FacelessJoe

imported post

Not a problem. We'll work something out.
"Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape."

w8new

imported post

FacelessJoe wrote:
Not a problem. We'll work something out.
"Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape."
I've never heard that one, I like it LOL.

If you've read up on my story you'll understand why I can't get away from home very often.

You could post your idea to the OFCC forum and Buckeye Firearms forum also. There may also be some folks in the Lima area on those sites that would be interested in getting an area group going.

I made a records request to get all of the records pertaining to all MWAG calls in Lima from July 1 to October 14. I talked to a clerk in the records department this morning (Thursday) and she says that there were 19 MWAG calls during that time frame. I told her that I am looking for calls that involved a person with a visible openly carried gun in public especially walking down the street & etc. Those are the type of calls that I've been hearing lately. 19 doesn't sound too high of a number considering how many that I have heard myself. I should have the info next week. There may be nothing worthwhile there but at least we'll know for sure.