• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

interview of pregnant woman who held a burglar at gun point

Big Boy

imported post

She did a good job except for a few things. Apparently she went downstairs and yelled at him, before she went back upstairs and got the shot gun. The other thing is, the kid pulled a gun on her. Now maybe he didn't point it at her, or what...but she is braver than me. I would've blown the kid away right then. I'm taking no risk to my own life.

Also, I think if she were home alone, she did an awesome job. Not to downplay women at all, but if that were my pregnant wife, I'd be pretty pissed she didn't wake me up and let me handle it. Again, not because she's a woman, but because she was not only putting herself in danger, but my child as well.

Riana

imported post

In the street, Fairley confronted the 18 year old. "He pulled a gun on me, and I told him, 'You know, you need to put that away before I shoot you because mine's bigger,' and he put it back in his pocket."

That just made me laugh.

I agree, though, she should have had that shottie in hand when she went downstairs to investigate the noise.