• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Met someone OC'ing last night

Stoney-Point

imported post

My daughter will ask anybody walking a dog past our house if she can pet their dog. Last night a fellow walking two dogs was asked this question....so he stopped and let my daughter pet them. As she was doing this, I noticed a small framed revolver in a holster on his hip.

".38?" was all I asked?

".32" was his reply. We got to talking a little bit and he mentioned he carries it more for his dogs than for himself. Seems that a German Shepherd attacked his dogs a while back, and he found out that pepper spray didn't affect that shepherd all that much. He used to carry a .357, but figured that was overkill.

I have seen him around before, but now have reason to talk when he walks past.

So nice to see other people doing it.

ConfederateSoul

imported post

NICE! Score one for the good guys, huh? I really need to get back to OCing but with the trouble I am already in, it is intimidating to say the least...

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

And this is a positive image for open carry - person open carrying while walking dog with proper leash; just like: man open carying with family; woman open carrying with star bucks coffee in her carry hand; etc.

Positive images of normal people going about their business who just happen to be discreetly open carying in a proper holster.

This is what we need to normalize gun carry in America.

gollbladder13

imported post

Mike wrote:
And this is a positive image for open carry - person open carrying while walking dog with proper leash; just like: man open carying with family; woman open carrying with star bucks coffee in her carry hand; etc.

Positive images of normal people going about their business who just happen to be discreetly open carying in a proper holster.

This is what we need to normalize gun carry in America.
This.

Stoney-Point

imported post

Funny thing is, I was talking to my neighbor when this all happened. He is a die hard Dem...teacher for the local school district.

He and I got to talking after the OC'er left. His thoughts on OC re-affirmed my faith that not all Dems are brainwashed into believing guns are bad and all gun owners are Right-wing extreme sociopaths.

I think I was more surprised by the OC'r than he was. I felt sure I was the only one in FdL who OC'd.