• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tell the Governor to please VETO AB962 (ammo ban) and SB585 (gun show ban)!

cato

imported post

btt!

Only two week to get a veto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Step up the calls and electric and snail letters!

art work by oleg volk:

poothrowingape

imported post

That photo is so true! Ihate it when police oficers andproscecutorscall assaut rifles "high powered rifle".

NOT TRUE! assault rifles are intermediate powered rifles. a high powered rifle would be a battle rifle or sniperriflethat shoots .308win or .30-06spring or something of that size.

Definitely not .223rem or 7.62X39 as these are intermediate rounds

BTW that lady has good form in the sitting shooting position. except for her finger!:shock:

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

poothrowingape wrote:
That photo is so true! Ihate it when police oficers andproscecutorscall assaut rifles "high powered rifle".

NOT TRUE! assault rifles are intermediate powered rifles. a high powered rifle would be a battle rifle or sniperriflethat shoots .308win or .30-06spring or something of that size.

Definitely not .223rem or 7.62X39 as these are intermediate rounds

BTW that lady has good form in the sitting shooting position. except for her finger!:shock:
First, I believe "assault rifle" was a phrase coined by gun-grabbers to make certain guns sound more scary. Rifles are rifles are rifles, some just have more features than others, and most can be modified to create better 'utility' (thus the artist's use of the term "sport-utility rifle").

Second, there's nothing wrong with her finger. It is pretty clear that she has eye/ear protection on, and it looks to me that she's on a shooting range of some sort. The camera operator seems to be safely out of danger (e.g. not staring down the barrel as we see in some pictures).