• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visitor from the North...

FatboyCykes

imported post

Hello fellow OCers! The family and I will be visiting the Great Wolf Lodge and possibly the Toledo Zoo this weekend in your fine state.

I'm currently studying up on Ohio firearm laws and everything seems to be pretty straight forward.

Just curious if there are any known pitfalls to look out for while CCing/OCing in Ohio.

If it's not obvious I do have my valid MI CPL.

Thanks in advance!

justherenow

imported post

The gunbuster signs are law, if you go into a posted place, its criminal trespass, no ifs ands or buts about it. Must notify if stopped by law enforcement. May carry into rest areas, but as it stands now, not the ones that have tourist info centers (that could have changed, but I am giving you what I knew correct 2 months ago), Do not carry into anyplace the serves for on premise comsumption of alcohol, bars, places like Applebees and the such. Basically, if they serve, its a no carry zone, even if not posted.

Have fun, spend tons of money and take some of our Buckeye Nation stuff back up north :lol:

FatboyCykes

imported post

Thanks a bunch, I think I've got everything pretty down pat. I'm very happy to have found out the whole gun must be in plain sight while CCing in a vehicle thing has changed, or been repealed. Yea, the rest stop thing kind of confused me, so I think that's still in effect. I believe I will be CCing most if not all of the trip, last thing I want is to be tripped up that far away from home :(

I appreciate your input, if you guys think of anything else, please feel free to post it.

I know you guys probably get tired of these threads, and I wish there was some, one, any good reason for you guys to visit MI, so we could reciprocate the favors but alas, i'm sorry as you know there really isn't. :p

JSlack7851

imported post

I believe the gunbuster signs are related to concealed carry not open carry. It is not illegal to open carry with GB signs. However if someone asks you to leave, you must comply or it becomes trespassing.

justherenow

imported post

JSlack7851 wrote:
I believe the gunbuster signs are related to concealed carry not open carry. It is not illegal to open carry with GB signs. However if someone asks you to leave, you must comply or it becomes trespassing.

Maybe right, I am not sure, and I dont want to be the test case.

justherenow

imported post

That is correct. Plus we have preemption, meaning that city and county laws on handguns are not valid, the only law is the state law.