• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federalist Society Debate on the Second Amendment

Carpetbagger

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It looks like the same debate that is being held at UVA is also being held at UR.Below is the text of the announcement I received.

[align=left]Next Tuesday, September 22, the University of Richmond Law School Chapter of the Society is sponsoring a luncheon debate on Second Amendment incorporationin the wake ofthe Supreme Court's landmark decision in Heller v. District of Columbia, which confirmed the individual right to bear arms. The panel includes Alan Gura, lead counsel for Mr. Heller.[/align]

[align=left]The debate will begin at noon in the Moot Court Room at the Law School. Lunch will be provided. I hope you can attend this very interesting event. [/align]

VA Lawyer

imported post

I'm not sure if it happened yet or not, but an acquantance at William and Mary Law mentioned to me about a month ago that they would be having a similar event. I believe that event was intended to be for students, not sure if it would be open to the public.

Carpetbagger

Campaign Veteran
imported post

VA Lawyer wrote:
I'm not sure if it happened yet or not, but an acquantance at William and Mary Law mentioned to me about a month ago that they would be having a similar event. I believe that event was intended to be for students, not sure if it would be open to the public.

I have sent an email to the head of the Richmond Lawyers Chapter of the Federalist Society to ask if it is open to the public. (I would have sent an email to the head of the UR student chapter, but I cannot remember his name.) I will post the answer when I receive it.

ETA: I heard back in minutes. The answer was a very enthusiatic YES! This event IS open to the public, and anyone interested is welcome and encouraged to attend.