• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrying in NV is kind of boring

merle

imported post

I'm in Douglas County and haven't OC'd in LV so dealing with the PD there is something I haven't experienced.

But...

Started out Sunday mountain biking, stopped by Safeway (and gave $5 to a couple of kids raising money for a dance meet but declined the rootbeer float), went to the beach and hung out for a few hours, hit Lowe's, Home Depot and came home.

Boring.

The most exciting thing was moving my holster from kidney to appendix carry so it wouldn't poke me so much in the car.

However, for excitement, drive over that stateline into CA and unload. That gets my heart beating a little bit faster.I wonder if LV is worse than CA?

iSharpShooter

imported post

Yup, same kind of boring day here in Reno today... A good thing!

No, Lost Wages, unlike the People's Republik of Kalifornia, does not make you unload!

iSharpShooter

imported post

I agree! I almsot never carried in California because of that exact reason. Carrying an unload gun, in the area where I lived with better than carrying a neon sign that just said shoot me!

Because, the gangsters don't carry unloaded!

Chez

imported post

If you want action, sounds like you need to oc on the strip. Sounds like that is a tough place to exercise your rights...