• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sat 19th Sept 7pm OC Meeting

John Wolver

imported post

On Saturday the 19th of Sept 2009 at Fuddruckers

3421 N Eagle Rd
Meridian, ID 83646 (208) 887-2194

@ 7pm we will be having this months meeting. Post here to confirm you are coming.

The next 3 meetings will be on the 2nd Thursday of each month. Bring 1 friend to the meeting. These meetings will also be held at Fuddruckers for the time being.

John Wolver

imported post

check this out... we are up against some idiots this time. http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2009/09/17/mdeeds/gunsmoke_fuddruckers

This guy needs removed from list of people notified.

Gunsmoke at Fuddruckers!

Submitted by Michael Deeds on Thu, 09/17/2009 - 6:01pm.

I wonder if Fuddrucker's in Meridian is aware that it's Gunsmoke night on Saturday? The local gang from OpenCarry.org is planning a little "bring your handgun" shindig. Yo, Festus, order me some fries! Remember when these folks went to the Boise Zoo wearing their handguns last summer? Good times.

At least it isn't at Chuck E. Cheese's.

As entertaining as it all sounds, I'll probably steer clear of Fuddruckers. It's always difficult to slide into restaurant booths while wearing a bulky bulletproof vest. Maybe the Fuddruckers waitresses can walk around swinging nunchuks or something.

Here's the press release e-mailed to me:

------------------

For Immediate Release – September 16th, 2009

Open Carry Dinner in Meridian, Idaho

Open Carry Dinner Planned for Fuddruckers in Meridian,Idaho @ 7PM on Saturday, September 19th, 2009

Fuddruckers is located at: 3421 N. Eagle Rd Meridian ID, 83646

http://www.fuddruckers.com/

The objective is raise awareness of open carry rights in Idaho and to educate the public that open carry is a "perfectly legal" and cost effective alternative to concealed carry. Open carry has been legal in Idaho for over

100 years and was recognized in (Brickey VS. Idaho) Idahos Open Carry Law is addressed in Title 18 Chapter 33.

Come join us, bring your whole family, and live The 2nd Amendment.

Carry On,

###

Media Contacts:
Michael Ludlow: mikelud2002@yahoo.com

John Carter: bwolver_12@hotmail.com

OpenCarry.org co-founders:

John Pierce: John@OpenCarry.org
Mike Stollenwerk: Mike@OpenCarry.org

Bookmark/Search this post with:
»
WHEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee. DRAW, ya mongrel!
Submitted by foreignoregonian on Thu, 09/17/2009 - 6:08pm.

Now, Jimmy aim carefully at the balloons...NO NO, not Aunt Molly!!

----------
There is no life in Idaho...it is a mirror site on god's server. You were dreaming but it is over. Go to your residence and await our commands and THEN we will restore control...

»
Call Fuddruckers ....
Submitted by boiseriver on Fri, 09/18/2009 - 6:01am.

and let them know that rational people will not frequent their business as long as they permit this insanity on their premises.

»

Eric.

imported post

I didn't realize the meeting was going to be an alert the press event. I'll try to show up when it isn't a show to let the local press take their cheap shots at us.

John Wolver

imported post

Eric. wrote:
I didn't realize the meeting was going to be an alert the press event. I'll try to show up when it isn't a show to let the local press take their cheap shots at us.
its not, and we are not letting press take a shot at us. WE post in the free sections of a lot of areas and we get picked up there as well. We can not hide. This was an accident i'm sure, already talking to Mike about it. We need people to show up, and not be afraid. Having the press is not a bad thing. We have nothing to be afraid of, nothing to hide. So I Encourage everyone to show up, and let what happens happen and have a good time.

John Wolver

imported post

this is my response to it .............

Open carriers are legal citizens who have the right to bear arms. This is granted from birth by our creator. It is ensured to us by the United States Constitution in the 2nd Amendment. If you want to know more go read the constitution. Then read the Idaho constitution. People who openly carry are legal, lawful citizens who cherish freedom and follow the law. We are military members, law enforcement, people from all walks of life. What we all have in common is cherishing life and freedom and not wanting to be victims. Remember, "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away". And it has been ruled by the United States Supreme Courts, that it is not the duty of police to protect you. That is not their job. Your safety and security is up to you, and only you can ensure your safety 100% of the time.

Hiredgun30

imported post

i use to be a closet gun owner... no more...I plan on having fun, meeting new people, living the 2nd amendment, and celebrating the new mexico oc victory...

carry on,

mike

what would Reagan do..

John Wolver

imported post

Mike has posted a few times on this as well on their website. My WIFE, put this down for all to see.

Uninformed people should get informed before posting
new

Submitted by idahosweetpotato on Fri, 09/18/2009 - 3:44pm.

Mr. Deeds,
With people like you writing blogs like this it's no wonder that criminals feel free to walk the streets and strike where they choose. I for one choose not to be a victim and that is why I carry a gun. I open carry in plain view so that it deters criminals from choosing me as their target. I don't wake up in the morning and hope I get to shoot somebody, I really hope I don't have to.

The sad facts are that crime is rising, and as a woman with children I can only count on myself for protection, or are you gonna come protect me. The police can't always be there when I need them, and I will not be another crime statistic. Your posting is only helping to make sure that criminals get the upper hand and rob our businesses and homes, or is it only a coincidence that crime rises as less and less people own and carry guns.

You should remember that criminals are the ones that hide thier guns so they can surprize thier victims, oppen carryers carry their guns in full view so they can give the message of preventing crimes. My message to you and the rest of the uninformed is this: If you wanna go on being crime victims be my guest, but open carryers are not the bad guys,the criminals are; so focus on that and don't give me grief for having enough backbone to protect myself and my children.

»

Hiredgun30

imported post

I have been contacting everyone i know today about tomorrows open carry meeting/dinner. I hope to see everyone tomorrow night. You dont have to speak to the media, if you dont want to.

carry on,

mike

Eric.

imported post

I didn't mean to rile anyone. I just falsely got the idea that OC was intentionally alerting the media I didn't know if that was a good idea. I like to idea of showing people that OCing is a not only legal but good and makes everyone safer and more free.

Eric.

imported post

I think we should start an anti-ladder campaign. More people die from falls than from guns. Or maybe an anti-swimming pool, or anti bleach, something like that. At least those don't save more live than they take like guns.

John Wolver

imported post

it was not intentional, but because of this accident it has caused problems. We may have to switch restaurants tomorrow. I will let everyone know as soon as possible if this happens. the restaurant and owner are for us, but the corporate franchise is giving us problems because one person wrote them an email and said that if they allow this to happen "they will contact more rational people and not go to their restaurants anymore". This is because of the idahostatesman and the man named Michael Deeds. Due to this we may need to look at boycotting the statesman and the sponsors of the idaho statesman. i will keep you all in the loop as i get the loop. As of now, we are still meeting at fuddruckers, as I said they are fighting for us as hard as they can. But ultimately they may find their hands tied. PM me for more details, and I will call you or answer any questions.

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

With you Hiredgun, I mean laying down and sitting back is not an option. I will post on that site in a few and speak my mind.

He is free to speak and so are we, but when you speak facts, well they need to be accurate, as a news paper guy he should know that.He thinks we are a bunch of yahooos. Little does he know that some of us are blue collar, white collar, LEO's, military, hard working citizens in this community, etc..... I for one didn't do two tours in Iraq, wonder all day if my father made it out of the WTC alive or not and spend the last 13 years defending this country and citizens like Mr. Deeds who I will continue to defend for the next 7+ years regardless of his idea of us.That is my job.As a citizen of this country and resident of Idaho, it is my right by law to protect myself and fellow citizens in my community. I won't lose sleep over what Mr. Deeds got rolling today, I will just quietly think of how to turn what he said around into something positive.

Cudos to the manager and owner at Fuddruckers for trying to convince corporate that we are normal, legal citizens. The manager has been nothing but curtious to us. I had mentioned in a previous post, he did some research about the laws pertaining to OC, he educated himself. Not sure if he will run out and buy a gun and OC, I don't expect him to do so, but he is now educated on the idea, thoughts and law regarding OC. That is one more citizen out there that has been educated and informed we are legal.

If the outcome is not what we would like to see, then we can change plans, go in another direction. We learn from this and drive and carry on !!!!!

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

Call Fuddruckers ....
Submitted by boiseriver on Fri, 09/18/2009 - 6:01am.

and let them know that rational people will not frequent their business as long as they permit this insanity on their premises.

This is what I posted just a short while ago on that blog.

Call Fuddruckers ????
new

Submitted by jdgypsy on Fri, 09/18/2009 - 8:34pm.

"Are you serious, you are in effect calling for all rational people to boycott a local business man and affect his prosperity because you don't like when someone who is legal to do so, carry a gun openly. Oh and incase you didn't think ahead of time, that location is owned by a man, it is a franchise and he bought into it. Are you willing to break his piggy bank, because that is what you are doing. Come on, how about not being so self centered. You really that hurt, scared or affected by me walking past you in a parking lot. Really????
I have spent the last 13 years defending you and everyone in this country and will continue to do so proudly, regardless of your miss guided thoughts of me. I will even save your life and anyone else if I happen to see you being brutally beat by some meth addict in an alley in downtown Boise or in the mall parking lot somewhere. Don't think it can"t happen, ask the tons of victims who have felt the pain of violent crimes and later said, "I had now way to defend myself".

We are not nut jobs, I am carreer military,I have met laywer's,law enforcement,teachers, all who carry. Are you going to call a boycott on education because you find out one of your kids teachers carries a gun on his/her hip on the weekends or at night after leaving school grounds or hey that laywer carries so let the bad guys go free. Wait, you are a rational individual,sorry I forgot. "

Stay safe !!!!!

John Wolver

imported post

Emergency Switch of restaurants!!

Idaho Pizza Company

405 E Fairview Ave

Meridian, ID 83642-1737

(208) 888-4441

Problems with Fuddruckers will explain later. Tell all your friends.

ecocks

imported post

John Wolver wrote:
Emergency Switch of restaurants!!

Idaho Pizza Company

405 E Fairview Ave

Meridian, ID 83642-1737

(208) 888-4441

Problems with Fuddruckers will explain later. Tell all your friends.

So sorry that I couldn't be there guys.

It is a shame that people like this can destroy the plan for a decent night out.

Good luck at Idaho Pizza and find us somewhere good for next month's meeting.

ecocks

imported post

Maybe we should have a discussion decision item about whether to request a table at the upcoming gun show in November? We could pass out gun law info and do some soft recruiting for the "club"/group/whatever we are....