• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sat 19th Sept 7pm OC Meeting

Hiredgun30

imported post

We had a rough start, Idaho Pizza didnt welcome us with open arms.

we ended up going to shari's in meridian. A Boise weekly reporter showed and interviewed wolver and I for about an hour. He seemed neutral and unbiased. he mentioned about doing a story on learning how to shoot and invited john and I.

I hope that the article turns out. as for attendance.. john and family, roger and 1 guest, and myself. 7 adults total..I hope the next meeting has a higher attendance.

carry on,

m.l.

lets make sure we give shari's some morebusiness..the were very nice and respectful. the manager stated that we can carry in there anytime..

Vandal

imported post

Sucks to hear IPC didn't like ya'll. Must have smelled funny or something along those lines :p But we have to respect their right to serve who the want to and deny service to whomever they choose. Take the high road and then take your money elsewhere. Come up to the Moscow/Pullman area and play with us. we get some funny looks but I have yet to be tossed out of anywhere.

The letter from Deeds kinda pissed me off. Nothing better than having a guy who knows virtually nothing about what is going on talking out of his a$$. I am planning on emailing him tomorrow and letting him know my thoughts. Good luck with the Boise Weekly reporter, BW can be pretty hit or miss about their reporting. maybe hit up the Boise Guardian too.

carracer

imported post

I sent an email to Fuddruckers corporate thanking them for their past good service and how I would miss their fine food.

What happened at Idaho Pizza? do more emails need to go there?

I think Idaho Pizza on Fairview is where Boise Shooters has meetings without any problems.

John Wolver

imported post

I am going to find out what is going on with IDPC. As of now though, I have a monthly Meeting place lined up. But what I really need is a group of people who show up. That falls you to guys. If you are interested in showing up PM me for the location. The date is still the same, 2nd thursday of each month.

imported post

Ummm, some of us still do.

Sorry guys, i haven't been around much, just busy with my daily life.

Hiredgun30 wrote:
i think the difference maybe, the boise shooters dont o.c.at their meetings.

kfrank

imported post

Sorry I didn't make it to that meeting. I was not near a computer and would have shown up at the wrong place anyway. I had family business to take care of and plan on making as many of the meetings as possible.

As for Mr. Deeds, if anybody has his email address lets post it here so that anyone displeased with his reporting, or lack thereof, can voice there opinion. I think thats in the constitution too. ;)Let us know where the next meeting will be and I will try to bring a bunch more crazy gun toters (responsible citizens):lol:along.

Thanks,

Kevin

John Wolver

imported post

OK, it will be at Shari's in Meridian, just off the interstate, behind the McDonalds, turn at the Chevron. 7 p.m. Bring at least one friend, more if you can. Make sure they know the rules.

Guns in holsters, stuff like that, etc.

ecocks

imported post

I'm RSVP'ing then. I'll be there, maybe my wife as well.

Anyone who is up for a coffee and chat next week, I am open any day except Monday.

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

Hey all. Back in town, drove back from TX the other night. Anyone looking to get together for lunch or coffee locally hit me up. I know ecocks is always looking to hangout. Mon-Thur I am good for lunch time. Let me know. Looking on here to see the next scheduled meet. Looking forward to it. See you all soon.

ecocks

imported post

Anytime and most anywhere JD and others.

Meridian is the center but pick your spot(s) and let me know.

Ed

imported post

Hello all,

New to the forums. Been CCing now for 7 years. Never OCed before except shooting in the desert. Originally from Vegas Moved up here 3 years ago. I'll try to make it to the gathering if i can.

ecocks

imported post

Look for the group of people with a large cleared area around them....

John Wolver

imported post

ArmedCountryBoy4life wrote:
Hello all,

New to the forums. Been CCing now for 7 years. Never OCed before except shooting in the desert. Originally from Vegas Moved up here 3 years ago. I'll try to make it to the gathering if i can.

Welcome!! It would be great to have you at the meeting.

To answer the question, just ask for the open carry meeting.