• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kriss super v

sandbandit0331

imported post

Just bought my Kriss Super V CRB/SO. It's a nice little toy for the money which is a hell of a lot! So far 400 rounds very few hiccups but this weapon gets dirty quick so don't use any gun grease.:celebrate

45acpForMe

imported post

I love my KRISS CRB. They now allow civilians to get the barrel shortened to convert it to a SRB but it costs $400 plus an ATF sticker $200 for the Class III. I decided to skip the ATF and keep the longer barrel for accuracy and distance.

I would think the dirtiness is the ammo you are using. I hate S&W .45 ammo and avoid it. It feels like grit is on the gun after using S&W. I use mainly blazer brass or Remington ammo for plinking. I bought a couple 30 round magazines (1 speed loader) and they work fine. A couple are loaded with 230grain Federal Hydrashok just in case I have a posse coming for me. :)

I would have loved to get an Eotech ontop but blew all my cash on the KRISS at the time. Over time I added a Leupold scope and a foregrip. My first foregrip was a springloaded bipod but I moved that to another rifle and got a Sig Arms STL-300J Joint Defense Light. It has a very bright light and a laser ontop of the grip. My complaints about this grip is all the on/off buttons are on the right side which is hard to reach with a left hand. It has an activation button on the back where your thumb rests though which is perfect. So with the laser and strobe for short range and the scope for long range, I think I have my targets covered.

Breaking it down is very easy and putting it back together is mostly fool-proof. My biggest complaint is that as a civilian I can't own the SMG fully automatic version. :)

sandbandit0331

imported post

With mine I got the fully loaded model the little surefire is bright as hell! As for the recoil it varies with the type of loads you use in it . Thoe hornady tap 200 grainers are pretty stout just don't use plus p in it. other than that it works preety good and is on target. The only thing I would change on it would be to put a forward assist on it as I have had some rounds that didn't seat fully. I'm taking it out wild hog hunting this weekend when I kill one i'll report on how well it worked i think i'll use some speer gold dots 185 grain. :cuss::celebrate:what:

sandbandit0331

imported post

Forgot to mention I hate that damn safety on the right side:cuss: yeah it's ambidextrous but darnit if you have big hands your knuckle will get beaten to death !! So my fix was a dremel tool and a cutting blade go slow and be careful and you can shave it off enough to not end up with a red knuckle.:what: Yes I know it' s a $2800 gun but my hand is worth more to me than an ambi safety.:dude:

Big Boy

imported post

Honestly, I can't see wanting one of these if I couldn't have it in full auto. I mean, really, that's the point right? I would much rather have a UMP if I had to stick to single shot.

But if you guys like em it's all good with me. :cool:

45acpForMe

imported post

Big Boy wrote:
Honestly, I can't see wanting one of these if I couldn't have it in full auto. I mean, really, that's the point right? I would much rather have a UMP if I had to stick to single shot.

But if you guys like em it's all good with me. :cool:
I got "just the gun" for $1600. I then added about $400 of goodies to it. The SWAT package is around $2800.

It is accurate out to 150 yards but I have only shot out to 100 and got 5-6" groupings (a windy day). Since it is 45ACP I can shoot it at my indoor range and at 25 yards I can get 1-2 inch groupings. With a pistol at 25 yards I get 5" groupings and can't see the target very well.

Yes it reduces the recoil and muzzle climb. Of course those features are mainly useful in the fully automatic version but anything that lets me stay on target is a good thing. I like it and having the 30 round mags gives me a warm fuzzy. So if I had to use it for self defense I could be accurate at longer-than-pistol ranges and not worry about it going through a couple neighbors houses like my 308.

I thought the UMP was only available to Police and Military. I wouldn't mind having one of those too. :) I didn't think it had a Semi-auto only model.

Big Boy

imported post

They have a USC (civilian) version. I'm not really a fan of it cause it is HUGE, but, it can be seen Here: http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/usc_general.asp

You can pick up modded versions of this to look like a UMP though.

You can get them long barrel, which wouldn't be too bad with some +P rounds:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=139890772

Or if you get a SB license you can pick up one like this:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=140229688

And now that I've posted all that it seems I'm kind of retarded and the kriss is actually cheaper anyhow :lol:. So, I would definitely go with that. However I still have an obsession with the UMP for some reason.

Mind posting a pic of yours? I've never seen one with a long civilian barrel.

45acpForMe

imported post

Big Boy wrote:
Mind posting a pic of yours? I've never seen one with a long civilian barrel.
Here isa standard picture of the KRISS. I believe this is the SWAT version. Mine is missing the flashlight, eotech, and bipod-foregrip.

sandbandit0331

imported post

This weapon beats the hell out of the HK ump lets see someone keep that usc on target at 100 yards without having to muscle it all over the place. Ive shot it out to 200 with some plus p rounds and got 6 - 8 in groups but you also have take into account your firing a .451 diameter bullet not an itty bitty teeny tiny .556 bullet so the hole is going to be bigger!
:shock::cuss:

Big Boy

imported post

Yeah sorry I made my assumptions. Showed that I was wrong at the end of my last post when I saw the price points on everything :lol:

This actually brings an interest to me now for the Kriss. Can it shoot the +P rounds? Not to mention, do you know the effective range?

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We sell them at work and they're pretty cool. I haven't had a chance to shoot one yet but I'm looking forward to it. We've got a big one like above and a coule SBR's.

SBRTBleft.png

They look sweet :D

sandbandit0331

imported post

Sorry I can't take a pic of mine yet broke my camera on a hog hunt last weekend. Anyone shot more that 200 yds with there kriss yet? I havent got around to it yet been to busy studying biochemistry in college at the moment so sorry if my posts are really sporadic. But i'll keep updating when i can.:banghead:

45acpForMe

imported post

I have put probably 800 rounds through mine. Most 230grain Blazer Brass plinking rounds and a box or 230grain Federal Hydrashok just to make sure they feed correctly. Early on I had 1 or 2 stovepipes but none since then. As far as the forward assist, I had that problem once or twice early on too. I think the gun broke in after 150 rounds or so and haven't had any problems since then. The manufacturer advertises that they have put 60k rounds through their test gun with no major part replacements. The parts are large and chuncky for longevity.

Just today I got a recall notice for serial numbers 1100-1633 for ejection problems. Mine is well below those numbers so I don't have a problem.

sandbandit0331

imported post

Well my Kriss was recalled. It seems my serial was within the recall1:banghead::( But I got a comp gun until i get mine fixed!! BUT this one is a basic package so it sux!!