• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can you open carry at a gun show?

Lostlittlerobot

imported post

I've seen most of them install a lock or ziptie. Someone gave me a good enough sounding reason once, people at shows are in the habbit of "hey look at this *unholster*"

I think unloaded and tied they might letcha. It can depend on the sponsor too? The one in oct isn't the normal group that does it at cashman is it? that one is being held at santa fe. So santa fe might not want OCing?

As you can see- this is mostly more questions, but it might help? =p

Lostlittlerobot

imported post

Iplanned to check santa fe operator's and to ask them to transfer to security to see how they plan to handle things. I wanted to wait until closer to the event so they have of a clue whats going on.

My stupid job's schedule is week to week so I'll never know if I have the time to go to it until the week of. If they do end up ocing, lets set up a meet for those interested in going.

more to come

Rains

imported post

A few of us from Reno went to a gun show last year when BobCav was in town. We both OCed fully loaded without a problem. This was mainly due to Bob's explanation to the zip-tie desk clerk that we didnt want to tag our weapons because they wouldnt be for sale or trade, only carried for self defense.

The older security guy let us right in, citing that only weapons that people intended to sell or trade had to be zip tied and tagged.

P.S. This gun show was at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, sometime in the summer of 2008. Its called the Big Reno Gun Show

http://www.bigrenoshow.com/

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Rains wrote:
A few of us from Reno went to a gun show last year when BobCav was in town. We both OCed fully loaded without a problem. This was mainly due to Bob's explanation to the zip-tie desk clerk that we didnt want to tag our weapons because they wouldnt be for sale or trade, only carried for self defense.

The older security guy let us right in, citing that only weapons that people intended to sell or trade had to be zip tied and tagged.

P.S. This gun show was at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, sometime in the summer of 2008. Its called the Big Reno Gun Show

That ole silver-tongued devil BobCav..... what a character!

Where is the passionate BobCav nowadays? Haven't seen him around these parts in a while.