Thread: Concealed, unloaded, without CCW Permit?

Post imported post

I live in NH, but work in Maine.

Leaving my place of employment at night often requires walking alone, through dark, isolated areas (behind buildings and surrounded by brush and trees).
    I don't have a ME CCW permit, so open carry is my only choice.

I want to carry while making the trip back to my car, but I don't want to arrive at work (during the day), gun on hip.

Is there a way to carry the components (gun, magazine, ammo) without doing it openly or requiring a CCW?

Post imported post

Since carrying a gun without the magazine inserted in a vehicle is not a violation of the law, it would stand to reason that concealed carry of an unloaded handgun is also not a violation. More input on this subject would be much appreciated. I'm waiting on a call from the Attorney General's office about some related issues, and will ask about this specifically.

Post imported post

summerof95 wrote:
    I live in NH, but work in Maine.

Leaving my place of employment at night often requires walking alone, through dark, isolated areas (behind buildings and surrounded by brush and trees).
    I don't have a ME CCW permit, so open carry is my only choice.

I want to carry while making the trip back to my car, but I don't want to arrive at work (during the day), gun on hip.

Is there a way to carry the components (gun, magazine, ammo) without doing it openly or requiring a CCW?
    So I am assuming that you want to carry into your place of business so that it will be in your posession at the end of the day, you just don't necessarily want people at work to see it?

Post imported post

Exactly.

I would prefer my coworkers not see it.

Also, I think HR might have a fit if guests see an employee arrive openly armed.

Post imported post

Similar question. I am flying up to Maine soon on a work related visit. I do not have a non-res so OC is the way to go.

Is it considered concealed carry if the handgun is unloaded and in a case in a bag? Going to OC at the airport while being picked up by a business associate who I do not know his views on guns or OC is not high on my list of things to do.