• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hudson, WI Police Chief OK with next open carry event

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.hudsonstarobserver.com/event/article/id/35900

Published September 17 2009
Police chief OK with gun rights eventHudson Police Chief Marty Jensen says he’s met with the Glenwood City gun rights activist planning a gathering in Hudson and isn’t worried about the event.
By: Randy Hanson, Hudson Star-Observer

Hudson Police Chief Marty Jensen says he’s met with the Glenwood City gun rights activist planning a gathering in Hudson and isn’t worried about the event.

“I’ve checked with some other chiefs around the state that have had these types of events and they said there haven’t been any issues with them whatsoever, so I don’t have any concerns,” Jensen said in a recent phone call.

He reported having met with Dave “Ole” Olson and another man who are organizing an event in which the guests come with holstered handguns strapped to their sides.

Olson sponsored an “Open Carry Picnic” that was held Aug. 23 at the St. Croix County Fairgrounds in Glenwood City. It attracted an estimated 350 people and media attention – and came off without incident.

In the publicity leading up to that event, Olson said he was planning another one for Hudson that would feature a nationally known speaker.

Olson didn’t return a Star-Observer phone call to his residence requesting information on his plans.

He told the Eau Claire Leader-Telegram in August that the purpose of the open carry events is education. He wants people to inform people about their Second Amendment rights “to keep and bear arms.”

Pal

imported post

Mike wrote:
http://www.hudsonstarobserver.com/event/article/id/35900

Published September 17 2009
Police chief OK with gun rights eventHudson Police Chief Marty Jensen says he’s met with the Glenwood City gun rights activist planning a gathering in Hudson and isn’t worried about the event.
By: Randy Hanson, Hudson Star-Observer

Hudson Police Chief Marty Jensen says he’s met with the Glenwood City gun rights activist planning a gathering in Hudson and isn’t worried about the event.

“I’ve checked with some other chiefs around the state that have had these types of events and they said there haven’t been any issues with them whatsoever, so I don’t have any concerns,” Jensen said in a recent phone call.

He reported having met with Dave “Ole” Olson and another man who are organizing an event in which the guests come with holstered handguns strapped to their sides.

Olson sponsored an “Open Carry Picnic” that was held Aug. 23 at the St. Croix County Fairgrounds in Glenwood City. It attracted an estimated 350 people and media attention – and came off without incident.

In the publicity leading up to that event, Olson said he was planning another one for Hudson that would feature a nationally known speaker.

Olson didn’t return a Star-Observer phone call to his residence requesting information on his plans.

He told the Eau Claire Leader-Telegram in August that the purpose of the open carry events is education. He wants people to inform people about their Second Amendment rights “to keep and bear arms.”
I would like to say thank you Mr. Olson for your time...

darthmord

imported post

Such an event is an ideal opportunity for law enforcement to show up and possibly learn some new things or receive a refresher.

Also gives them an ideal chance to see that like them, we are normal, everyday people.

It shows us all as being just as human as they are.

M

McX

imported post

It's a friquing miracle! Time and time again, everywhere, and it always ends with.and NOTHING happened, no Police were called nor needed. Like money in the bank huh?

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

darthmord wrote:
Such an event is an ideal opportunity for law enforcement to show up and possibly learn some new things or receive a refresher.

Also gives them an ideal chance to see that like them, we are normal, everyday people.

It shows us all as being just as human as they are.
It might serve to show them that OC'ers aren't their enemy, too.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

The Texas and Va Tech SCCC should be required to read and follow these events.

Instead they fight OC as hard as the antis. They just don't understand the strong educational value and they from the halls of higher learning.

Thank you all for carrying on so well in Wisconsin.

Yata hey

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I agree wholeheartedly with Grapeshot. I've been following the recent events in WI and I think you people are doing a really great job of defending firearms rights and educating people about OC. I'm certain that in the near future, WI will get a comprehensive CC law as well. (Of course, that great proponent of OC, your governor, will have to go before that happens.)