• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped in Warren update.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Went to pick up my FOIA today. The clerk said according to a note from a SGT, I would only be getting an incident report.They would be making a copy of the video and cd after I paid,which caused my wife to lose it because we're almost broke.She is having a real hard time with this.I may post the contents of the report after I talk to Dean.Pray for my wife!God Bless! PS. they didn't lie enough in the report,Hint, Wink Wink!

Haman J.T.

imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
For those of us (like me) without a good memory, which story are you referring to?

Hope everything turns out okay, for your wife as well.
It was stopped in warren today.It's on #5 at the bottom of the page.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
Went to pick up my FOIA today. The clerk said according to a note from a SGT, I would only be getting an incident report.They would be making a copy of the video and cd after I paid,which caused my wife to lose it because we're almost broke.She is having a real hard time with this.I may post the contents of the report after I talk to Dean.Pray for my wife!God Bless! PS. they didn't lie enough in the report,Hint, Wink Wink!
PM with the cost and MOC may be able to help as well as donations from a few members. The cost has to be reasonable and can only include actual costs no mark up allowed.

Michigander

imported post

The cost of FOIA's is an effective way that departments that are out of line can add insult to injury. Or if you're broke, injury to injury.

It's a fabulous reason to carry 2+ recorders. When you have 2 video tapes of what happened, a personal audio recording, and hopefully a 4th recording from a 911 call, there isn't much need to FOIA the officers audio and video, and that's where they stick you. The money saved on one FOIA will pay for half a dozen decent quality spy cams in some instances.

What I personally would NOT do is give them a cent before they prove to you that the videos and audio are legit. Insist on seeing them first, just to prove they are complete and legit. I have been shafted numerous times by PD's looking to cover their ass and idiot officer's asses when I do FOIA's and complaints. Given what happened, they have especially little credibility in my mind right now. Please don't trust them.

If they can prove the FOIA materials to be legit, I would be happy to be one of the few Venator just mentioned that would chip in.

Haman J.T.

imported post

We will work it out through MOC. I want this to benefit OC,CC and 2A folks.God Bless!

SlowDog

imported post

I agree with Michigander....as the great Ronald Wilson Reagan once said..."trust yet verify"

I will chip in....let me know. I can afford to help a little.

yowilhelm

imported post

Put me down for $10......PM me and tell me where. It sucks that you have to defend a right you already have. MAke sure when they settle to take your wife for a nice dinner......Yo

Haman J.T.

imported post

yowilhelm wrote:
How much is an FOIA?
My FOIA is $72. 3 page incident report at $7, 1 scout car video/$40, audio tape/$25. I will be investigating why there is 1 car video,when there were 3 cars,2 pointed at me and the first responder was parked parrallel to me on the street.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I have a copy of the FOIA receipt and will have it at the Picnic on Sunday. I will take up a collection there to help Ham with costs. MOC will cover the remainder if any.