Thread: Concealed Carry Permit Requirements

Post imported post

Does anyone have a handly link to the concealed carry training requirements for MO?

Found it. Nevermind.

Post imported post

on a side note,

does anyone know if there are time constraints, if any, on when you have to apply for your CCW after you take your CCW course and receive your certificate from that required course?

Post imported post

I've been told none by Armed Missouri..

http://www.armedmissouri.com/

Post imported post

great to know...meant to apply after the course but financial situation changed...just as most of america has. lol.

and bills come first unfortunately.

Post imported post

I know what ya mean, I've had my money put together three times, and one thing or another comes up, Water softner went out, Dish washer went out, and my son went TDY remote to S. Korea, and needed a laptop to keep in touch with.. I'm afraid to say what next, I don't need car problems with hunting season coming on!!

Post imported post

well get ready to work hard....because all the thousands of welfare recipients and those without health insurance are counting on you to provide for them!

lol

Post imported post

Ain't that the truth!! after losing 48 to a layoff at work, I've only got 9 more under me if this slowdown takes another hit I may be close to living out of the savings account, and I don't see that lasting over about a month and a half

Post imported post

You know, you could do what I did.

If you have a MO Heritage card, you can use that as the training requirements for a non-Resident permit from Florida. I still went and took the MO class while I was waiting for the Florida permit to arrive.

Post imported post

mo heritage card?

Post imported post

Yes, if you were born after a certain date (1967, I think) in order to get hunting permits in MO you must have gone through a Hunter Education class that goes over firearms safety. Once you complete this class, you get this heritage card. I called the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and they said that they honored the Heritage Card as proof of training to qualify for their Concealed Weapons Permit. I filled out the applications, and sent in all of the required documentation in early December and received my CWP in April.

Here's a picture of what the heritage card looks like:
    http://mdc.mo.gov/about/heritage.html

Hope this helps!

Post imported post

I called them and they told me I need a certificate of completion??? I'm calling back now, I've been oh hold for about 45 minutes...

Post imported post

chemcmndr wrote:
    Yes, if you were born after a certain date (1967, I think) in order to get hunting permits in MO you must have gone through a Hunter Education class that goes over firearms safety. Once you complete this class, you get this heritage card. I called the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and they said that they honored the Heritage Card as proof of training to qualify for their Concealed Weapons Permit. I filled out the applications, and sent in all of the required documentation in early December and received my CWP in April.

Here's a picture of what the heritage card looks like:
    http://mdc.mo.gov/about/heritage.html

Hope this helps!
    Chemcmndr,

Did you send them a copy of your heritage card orthe photocopy of your training certificate? Thatincluded your name, the instructor’s name, signature, and certification number.

Post imported post

I talked to them again today and after they transfered me around a couple times they said I just needed a copy of my Heritage card...

Post imported post

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. All I did was send in a photocopy of my Heritage Card. I don't think I ever got any proof of taking the Hunter Education class other than the card.

Post imported post

quick question again...

anyone in the stl area know if there is a residency requirement if you wanted to apply for your ccw permit at the st louis county pd headquarters instead of st louis city sheriffs department?

I currently live in the saint louis city, but didn't see anything on stlco pd site regarding a residency req. like on the stl city sheriffs dept page. my reason for wanting to apply with stl co instead of city is cause it's 15 bucks cheaper i believe than the city...

thanks again all, looking forward to hopefully us having another shot at full preemption next year...thank god this year is almost over.

Post imported post

nevermind...taken care of i do believe.

Post imported post

got my CCW permit...turnaround was really fast actually...

i did the application on 11.12.09 and got the notification back on 11.16.09...got my endorsement on the 17th.

the notice letter actually had the day as the 13th...but it was friday so it took a few days to get to me...

be nice tho to not have to worry about the concealing...

what do we have coming up for the new year to push preemption and such?

Post imported post

Preemption was passed by the House last session. HB668 died in the Senate on the last week of the session.

You can keep up with what is happening in the Missouri Legislature here. http://www.MissouriCarry.com

Post imported post

I just got my certificate back from the sheriff and went to the License Bureau to get my CCW card. They told me I had to have my birth certificate to get it. Is this right? I was never told this during my CCW class and I haven't seen listed as a requirment.The problem is now that I've been issued the certificate the clocks running. Any help would be appreciated.

AUDE VIDE TACE

Post imported post

There ia a one time requirement to show your birth certificate. If you haven't renewed your drivers license since 2005, you will need your birth certificate.

Post imported post

SFC Stu wrote:
    There ia a one time requirement to show your birth certificate. If you haven't renewed your drivers license since 2005, you will need your birth certificate.
    Correct. Same thing I got. Fortunately it was just a quick trip back to the house to get it.

Make sure you get the CCW card on a non-driver ID card (separate from your driver's license) because the CCW expires when the card expires. If you get the separate card, it expires in 3 years.

Post imported post

SinceMissouri and many other states do not require you immediately notify law enforcement that you are carrying, I highly recommend getting the CCW put on a non drivers ID.

Some states do require you to notify law senforcement. Know the laws in the state you are traveling in.

A book that I have relied on for many years is the Travelers Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States. It's written byJ. Scott Kappas, Esq.

www.gunlawguide.com

Post imported post

Unfortunely my house burned recently. I have to send to IL for my BC. They also tell me I have to pay $10 a day if I go over the time limit.
    AUDE VIDE TACE

Post imported post

SavageOne wrote:
    Unfortunely my house burned recently. I have to send to IL for my BC. They also tell me I have to pay $10 a day if I go over the time limit.
    I would explain this to them and try to get that waived.

You might also go to the Missouri concealed carry website and ask the question there, if anyone else has ran into this problem.

http://www.MissouriCarry.com