• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry Permit Requirements

nrepuyan

imported post

on a side note,

does anyone know if there are time constraints, if any, on when you have to apply for your CCW after you take your CCW course and receive your certificate from that required course?

Carnivore

imported post

I know what ya mean, I've had my money put together three times, and one thing or another comes up, Water softner went out, Dish washer went out, and my son went TDY remote to S. Korea, and needed a laptop to keep in touch with.. I'm afraid to say what next, I don't need car problems with hunting season coming on!!:cuss:

Carnivore

imported post

Ain't that the truth!! after losing 48 to a layoff at work, I've only got 9 more under me if this slowdown takes another hit I may be close to living out of the savings account, and I don't see that lasting over about a month and a half:cuss:

chemcmndr

imported post

You know, you could do what I did.

If you have a MO Heritage card, you can use that as the training requirements for a non-Resident permit from Florida. I still went and took the MO class while I was waiting for the Florida permit to arrive.

chemcmndr

imported post

Yes, if you were born after a certain date (1967, I think) in order to get hunting permits in MO you must have gone through a Hunter Education class that goes over firearms safety. Once you complete this class, you get this heritage card. I called the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and they said that they honored the Heritage Card as proof of training to qualify for their Concealed Weapons Permit. I filled out the applications, and sent in all of the required documentation in early December and received my CWP in April.

Here's a picture of what the heritage card looks like:
http://mdc.mo.gov/about/heritage.html

Hope this helps!

cobbconstruction

imported post

I called them and they told me I need a certificate of completion??? I'm calling back now, I've been oh hold for about 45 minutes...

Article1section23

imported post

chemcmndr wrote:
Yes, if you were born after a certain date (1967, I think) in order to get hunting permits in MO you must have gone through a Hunter Education class that goes over firearms safety. Once you complete this class, you get this heritage card. I called the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and they said that they honored the Heritage Card as proof of training to qualify for their Concealed Weapons Permit. I filled out the applications, and sent in all of the required documentation in early December and received my CWP in April.

Here's a picture of what the heritage card looks like:
http://mdc.mo.gov/about/heritage.html

Hope this helps!
Chemcmndr,

Did you send them a copy of your heritage card orthe photocopy of your training certificate? Thatincluded your name, the instructor’s name, signature, and certification number.

cobbconstruction

imported post

I talked to them again today and after they transfered me around a couple times they said I just needed a copy of my Heritage card...

chemcmndr

imported post

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. All I did was send in a photocopy of my Heritage Card. I don't think I ever got any proof of taking the Hunter Education class other than the card.

nrepuyan

imported post

quick question again...

anyone in the stl area know if there is a residency requirement if you wanted to apply for your ccw permit at the st louis county pd headquarters instead of st louis city sheriffs department?

I currently live in the saint louis city, but didn't see anything on stlco pd site regarding a residency req. like on the stl city sheriffs dept page. my reason for wanting to apply with stl co instead of city is cause it's 15 bucks cheaper i believe than the city...

thanks again all, looking forward to hopefully us having another shot at full preemption next year...thank god this year is almost over.

nrepuyan

imported post

got my CCW permit...turnaround was really fast actually...

i did the application on 11.12.09 and got the notification back on 11.16.09...got my endorsement on the 17th.

the notice letter actually had the day as the 13th...but it was friday so it took a few days to get to me...

be nice tho to not have to worry about the concealing...

what do we have coming up for the new year to push preemption and such?

SFC Stu

imported post

Preemption was passed by the House last session. HB668 died in the Senate on the last week of the session.

You can keep up with what is happening in the Missouri Legislature here. http://www.MissouriCarry.com

SavageOne

imported post

I just got my certificate back from the sheriff and went to the License Bureau to get my CCW card. They told me I had to have my birth certificate to get it. Is this right? I was never told this during my CCW class and I haven't seen listed as a requirment.The problem is now that I've been issued the certificate the clocks running. Any help would be appreciated.

SFC Stu

imported post

There ia a one time requirement to show your birth certificate. If you haven't renewed your drivers license since 2005, you will need your birth certificate.