Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: OC in Festus/Crystal area

  1. #1
    Regular Member Broondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ste. Gen County, MO, , USA
    Posts
    369

    Post imported post

    i decided to put OC to the test today in the Festus/Crystal City area. the only thing holding me back in the past was the wording of the Crystal City codes since the two towns don't seem to have real defined borders. one minute you are in Festus, the next Crystal and then back to Festus and on and on. that and the fact that Wal-Mart straddles the city line and no one is quite sure which side of the store is which.

    so i started at the Casey's gas station on 67 which just happened to have a Crystal cop across the street chillin' (i thought i was in Festus). i did a pay-at-the-pump as always but walked around the truck to check my tires and scrape the dead bugs off of the windshield. no problems. i actually got a nod from a biker who was relaxing on his bike eating a sandwich.

    on to the Save-A-Lot over by K-Mart and Main Street. i casually walked thru getting the things on my list and no one batted an eye, customer or employee. well, the cashier did have a mildly strange look on her face, but other than that no problems for the 15-20 minutes i was there.

    then i headed over to the Wal-Mart at A and 67. i strolled in, paused at the second door to change to indoor glasses when the greeter said 'hi' and offered me a cart. thanking him i went on my way. i made a loop thru the entire store. i hit automotive to get an oil and air filter, taking my time to play with the little part search computer. i cruised to pet supplies and got my dogs some treats. then i had to backtrack over to office supplies to get a folder to carry my printouts of local codes for area towns. back over at the food side i casually went up and down the aisles getting the things on my list. up at the front near the checkout lanes i paused to re-check my list one more time (i hate when i forget stuff) and proceeded to check out. i was in the store for 30-40 minutes and was never hassled, looked at funny or anything like that. again, no problems.

    since Wally didn't have everything i wanted i had to hit the Schnucks up by the highway. making a quick loop thru there (i had cold stuff getting warm out in the truck) i hit a self-check lane to get out quick. here is where i had the only problem, maybe just a perceived one but i don't think so. as i was waiting for the thing to spit out my receipt i hear over the intercom and directly behind me "Andrew to Customer Service" (cust svc is directly adjacent to the self-check). i turn with my bag and receipt in hand to see the store manager standing there partially blocking my way and the self-check attendant staring at me with 'bug eyes'. i politely said to the manager "excuse me, sir" to get him to move from my path. he did and i thanked him and proceeded to exit.

    now i suppose i could have dawdled to find out who 'Andrew' was (probably store security) but i was not looking for a confrontation. i was merely going about my business for the day except i was sporting a two-tone Sig P229 in a Fobus holster. as i walked away i heard the manager get back on the intercom and say "Andrew, cancel".

    though mentally i was prepared for any situation that arose, a confrontation did not materialize at any place i visited today. i don't think the Schnucks manager appreciated me carrying openly in his store, but nothing came of it. i'll try them again in a week or so and see how it goes.

    all in all though, it was a good OC day.


    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

    NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ParkHills, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    970

    Post imported post

    Good info Broondog, I'm in Festus/crystal/Herky/Pevely 7 days a week, I do have a relative as a Pevely Alderman, and once asked him what the codes were for OC in Pevely, he replied anytime,anywhere, as long as I'm wearing clothes..LOL!!

  3. #3
    Regular Member Broondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ste. Gen County, MO, , USA
    Posts
    369

    Post imported post

    Carnivore wrote:
    Good info Broondog, I'm in Festus/crystal/Herky/Pevely 7 days a week, I do have a relative as a Pevely Alderman, and once asked him what the codes were for OC in Pevely, he replied anytime,anywhere, as long as I'm wearing clothes..LOL!!
    that's odd. there seems to be a contradiction between the info from your relative and the posted municipal codes. :?

    http://codes.sullivanpublications.co...amp;2.0#LPTOC2

    SECTION 210.250: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:
    1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;
    2. Sets a spring gun;
    3. Discharges or shoots a firearm;
    4. Exhibits, in the presence of one (1) or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner;
    5. Possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated;
    *************

    6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;
    *************


    7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.



    if they changed the code recently i would like to know. i don't frequent Pevely much but i do consider Dunn's my neighborhood gun shop and i drive all the way up there from French Village. sure, Smitty's and One-Stop are closer but Smitty's has bad attitudes (at least the old man does) and One-Stop never has what i want.

    besides, i work in Herky.

    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

    NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ParkHills, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    970

    Post imported post

    That don't look good, I'll challenge him on his reply, we need facts, not opinions when it comes to firearm laws.. Sorry for the inaccurate quote, i'll follow up with him next time we cross paths.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    491

    Post imported post

    Broondog wrote:
    Carnivore wrote:
    Good info Broondog, I'm in Festus/crystal/Herky/Pevely 7 days a week, I do have a relative as a Pevely Alderman, and once asked him what the codes were for OC in Pevely, he replied anytime,anywhere, as long as I'm wearing clothes..LOL!!
    that's odd. there seems to be a contradiction between the info from your relative and the posted municipal codes. :?

    http://codes.sullivanpublications.co...amp;2.0#LPTOC2

    SECTION 210.250: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:
    1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;
    2. Sets a spring gun;
    3. Discharges or shoots a firearm;
    4. Exhibits, in the presence of one (1) or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner;
    5. Possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated;
    *************

    6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;
    *************


    7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.



    if they changed the code recently i would like to know. i don't frequent Pevely much but i do consider Dunn's my neighborhood gun shop and i drive all the way up there from French Village. sure, Smitty's and One-Stop are closer but Smitty's has bad attitudes (at least the old man does) and One-Stop never has what i want.

    besides, i work in Herky.
    Hmm....I really don't like this trend....here is the rest of the code:

    D. Subparagraphs (1), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State.

    E. Subparagraphs (3), (4), (5), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to persons who are engaged in a lawful act of defense pursuant to Section 563.031, RSMo.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Superlite27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    God's Country, Missouri
    Posts
    1,279

    Post imported post

    i don't think the Schnucks manager appreciated me carrying openly in his store

    Especially since all Schnucks stores forbid carrying firearms in them. I'm surprised you didn't see the "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" sign I've seen on all the Schnucks stores I've walked up to (but not entered since we're supposed to be boycotting them) Even though they're signs are not the lawful size with 1" letters, all the one's I've seen have had lengthy paragraph diatribes explaining how they don't want any firearms in them for "their customer's safety".

    After they donated $25,000 to defeat proposition B, Almost everyone I know who carries has stopped shopping there.

    I highly reccommend it. They don't want my money? Fine. They won't have to worry about me spending any there.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Broondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ste. Gen County, MO, , USA
    Posts
    369

    Post imported post

    my local Schnucks is not posted, legally or illegally. if it is, the sign is buried like the one at my local Bucheits.

    i also was unaware of Schnucks anti-gun stance. i will definitely remember that. thanks!


    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

    NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

  8. #8
    Opt-Out Members
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Farmington, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    If you want to see a list of who funded the anti. Prop B attack look here: www.moccw.org



    And for a current list of business who don't support CCW or open carry look here:

    http://www.missouricarry.com/index1.htm



    Bob

  9. #9
    Regular Member Broondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ste. Gen County, MO, , USA
    Posts
    369

    Post imported post

    Bob Sliger wrote:
    If you want to see a list of who funded the anti. Prop B attack look here: http://www.moccw.org



    And for a current list of business who don't support CCW or open carry look here:

    http://www.missouricarry.com/index1.htm



    Bob
    thanks for the list link. i never go to MO carry since the general attitude there is that OC'ers are lower life forms.

    a couple of the listings seemed wrong IMO. like the Save-A-Lot in Crystal is on the list but gave me zero trouble for OC and is NOT posted for CCW. and isn't Ronnies Cine in south St. Louis Co. a Wherenberg theatre? the last time i was there i looked for a posting and never saw one.


    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

    NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •