Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loaded or Unloaed

Post imported post

OK.....I've tried to read all the info I can on Michigan Gun Laws relating to both Concealed and Open Carry. I thank you all for all the info you've provided those of us that haven't as yet gotten into Open Carry. Being a "Senior" Citizen, I am now, more than ever, ready to become part of the Open Carry group.

Simple or stupid as it may seem, I can't find any reference to loaded/unloaded open carry except during the transport of a pistol in a vehicle. Obviously, if one is carrying for the purpose of defense, it would be silly to have an unloaded firearm. Can someone cite the Paragraph clearly stating the legality of the Open Carry of a loaded pistol?

Thank you.

JWCOLT41

Post imported post

JWCOLT41 wrote:
    OK.....I've tried to read all the info I can on Michigan Gun Laws relating to both Concealed and Open Carry. I thank you all for all the info you've provided those of us that haven't as yet gotten into Open Carry. Being a "Senior" Citizen, I am now, more than ever, ready to become part of the Open Carry group.

Simple or stupid as it may seem, I can't find any reference to loaded/unloaded open carry except during the transport of a pistol in a vehicle. Obviously, if one is carrying for the purpose of defense, it would be silly to have an unloaded firearm. Can someone cite the Paragraph clearly stating the legality of the Open Carry of a loaded pistol?

Thank you.

JWCOLT41
    More important would be a law/court decision that PROHIBITS the Open Carry of a pistol. Since there is no such thing, it is legal to do so.
    For example, there is no law that states making coffee is legal, but there is no law that makes it illegal. Since no law makes it illegal, it is assumed to be legal.

If you read the Wash, Rinse, Repeat, that should be all the info you need.

Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

OK.....thanks for your reply.

Now another newbie question: what is...Wash, Rinse, Repeat?

Post imported post

JWCOLT41 wrote:
    OK.....thanks for your reply.

Now another newbie question:* what is...Wash, Rinse, Repeat?
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/17262.html

Family Membership, St. Helen, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

It's the 5th topic down from the top! read it and re-read it and then memorize it!

Post imported post

jwcolt welcome to our forum could you please put yoou location in your profile

Post imported post

Thank you for that. If I could only figure which/what is the 5th topic.

Post imported post

Well, I'm sorry for seeming so dense, but just what is the 5th topic that you want me to memorize? I clicked on the link.....no problem there.

Post imported post

Just read and re-read and memorize the info of that link!

Post imported post

When you go to the "Michigan" link the 5th topic down is "Wash, Rinse, Repeat?" This topic needs to be read until fully understood.
    Dave
    http://www.survivalfox.com/
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom". - John F. Kennedy, former U.S. President

Post imported post

OK...got it folks. I was lookiong for a specific topic. I've read the whole page and will read it more than once.

Thanx !!

Post imported post

Welcome to the community. Confidence in knowing the laws definately goes a long way. So does a voice recorder, in case it gets you nowhere.

Post imported post

Thanks for the welcome. Is there really anyone who has 'confidence' in knowing all the laws?? Probably impossible. But, I try and read/learn/obey as best I can.

Post imported post

Welcome!

Not only should you read a few times, you should memorize it and keep a copy on you when you decide to open carry (OC).

BTW, there are NO stupid questions!

Post imported post

yes there is its the question that goes un asked!!!

Post imported post

I carry more then 1 gun with me now,I have been detained twice with a loaded handtool and they never said anything to me other then my gun is larger,more powerful then there`s,or my gun is nicer then there`s,ETC. I have several guns and they all stay cocked allways,Except when I am cleaning them.

Post imported post

Interesting. Now that I think about it, I don't recall EVER seeing ANYONE carrying other than a hunter in the woods.

Post imported post

JWCOLT41 wrote:
    Interesting. Now that I think about it, I don't recall EVER seeing ANYONE carrying other than a hunter in the woods.
    I do when I am camping, especially in Bear Country. I will be carrying on the Youth Hunt this coming weekend when I take my daughter and her boyfriend hunting for their first time.
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

The bears will not bother you unless you do something dumb. You'll be lucky to even see one. Have fun.

Post imported post

JWCOLT41 wrote:
    The bears will not bother you unless you do something dumb. You'll be lucky to even see one. Have fun.
    In general, I would agree. However, try telling that to the bear who charged at me and the other bear who was walking right behind us in the woods. Both incidents happened in the UP, in the Keweenaw Peninsula, one in Eagle River, the other at Fort Wilkins. I have seen more than my share of bears here in MI and not armed.

A little light reading:

http://www.amazon.com/True-Bear-Tale.../dp/0962366447

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum9/10108.html
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

Well, this isn't the place to argue about bears and their behavior vs the behavior of man vs bear. I spent three days living with totally wild bears and came away with a different perspective on their behavior. This was NOT in a fenced in area either.

Good luck and remain calm.

Post imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
    JWCOLT41 wrote:
    In general, I would agree. However, try telling that to the bear who charged at me and the other bear who was walking right behind us in the woods. Both incidents happened in the UP, in the Keweenaw Peninsula, one in Eagle River, the other at Fort Wilkins. I have seen more than my share of bears here in MI and not armed.

A little light reading:

http://www.amazon.com/True-Bear-Tale.../dp/0962366447

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum9/10108.html
    I know a few people who've been treed by bears, and a few who have been bow hunting in a tree stand and have had bears start climbing the tree.

Usually they'll run if they see you, but some won't, and those are the ones to be concerned about.

Rand Paul 2016

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

PDinDetroit, take another look at the game law booklet as it says that the person with the youth hunter cannot have in their possession a firearm. That's from memory BC I can't find my game guide right now. I don't know how they could prevent you from carrying but just to be on the safe side check it out.springerdave.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

springerdave wrote:
    PDinDetroit, take another look at the game law booklet as it says that the person with the youth hunter cannot have in their possession a firearm. That's from memory BC I can't find my game guide right now. I don't know how they could prevent you from carrying but just to be on the safe side check it out.springerdave.
    As long as he has a CPL and is carrying in that manner and is not attempting to take game, he's good to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast