• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any FFL dealers in Metro Detroit?

malignity

imported post

Do we have any MOC members who are FFL dealers in the metro Detroit area? If you don't want a bunch of bombardment, PM me. I'm looking to setup a transfer of a long gun from gunbroker.com. and have no intention on paying $50 that most places charge for something that's free. I can toss some cash, but not a fifty for five minutes worth of work. Let me know if you can help.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Chewy on MGO had a thing going that you could Pre-buy transfers and get a chance to win a gun.

I didn't win the gun but I still have a few transfers and you can use one if you like.

Or if you can wait a week I can do it... ;-)

mikestilly

imported post

Hey there. Since you're in Warren just thought I'd let you know that Double Action on Dequindre in Warren cost me $35 for my last transfer from gunbroker.com .. Not only that they were nice enough to clean & lube it. Anyone know any good NFA dealers in SE Michigan. One of the few I found was on the west side of the state.

malignity

imported post

I don't give double action my business after they kicked me out of their store for open carrying, then hung up on me twice after i called to ask if they had a Glock 23 for sale. :/

If you're a gun store, and you're not OC friendly, well frankly, fxck you. lol.

Michigander

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Anyone know any good NFA dealers in SE Michigan. One of the few I found was on the west side of the state.
Lapeer Military Surplus on Lapeer road, just north of the road you turn on to go to the pit. The owner Frank is a fairly reputable guy. He has an extensive NFA collection, so he's extremely knowledgeable, and his prices aren't too bad. Could be a little better, but he has to charge what he has to charge to make ends meet. He's told me he does about one NFA transfer per month.

mikestilly

imported post

Michigander wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
Anyone know any good NFA dealers in SE Michigan. One of the few I found was on the west side of the state.
Lapeer Military Surplus on Lapeer road, just north of the road you turn on to go to the pit. The owner Frank is a fairly reputable guy. He has an extensive NFA collection, so he's extremely knowledgeable, and his prices aren't too bad. Could be a little better, but he has to charge what he has to charge to make ends meet. He's told me he does about one NFA transfer per month.

Thanks for info. I will definitely have to head out there and check them out.

Mike