• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Florida Kickoff meeting

rebel-patriot

imported post

Hi folks.

In a separate thread I proposed an online meeting to take place Tuesday 9/22 in the OpenCarry irc chatroom. As life would have it, my work schedule has now changed. Since I will be at work on 9/22 and unable to do this, I am asking to change that date to MONDAY 9/21/09 at 8 pm. So, if you are a Florida resident and interested in getting OC moving forward in Florida, please plan on attending if you can.

To find out about the OpenCarry irc chatroom please go to here:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum3/3580.html

Since it is irc chat, and to be as productive as possible, it will be a moderated discussion. I will put in this thread a proposed agenda for the meeting.
We will see how it goes. Hope to see you there.

Rebel
American by birth, Southern by choice.

rebel-patriot

imported post

Just got home from work a little while ago and posted in a couple threads here.

Have to work tomorrow. I will try to post a proposed agenda on Sunday to give everyone interested a chance to look at it.

Rebel
American by birth, Southern by choice

rebel-patriot

imported post

Hello folks!

In another thread I had proposed a framework for a meeting agenda to help keep things productive. I am definitely open to suggestions but here goes:

1. Meet and greet. Each person gives a brief introduction outlining their personal history, why this is important to them, and what skills they believe they bring to the group. I think that we should also discuss how much available time each person can reasonably contribute to the group and issues etc.

2. Objectives. What is it exactly we wish to accomplish and how best to organize around that objective?

My personal opinion is that we form this group to push a singular item, Open Carry in Florida. My hope is that we will form a long term grassroots organization that can ongoing address all gun rights legislation in Florida similiar to the VCDL.

This is going to be the core of the meeting. Whatever type of organization we come up with. We should also consider forming some sort of executive committee and set up more regional positions. More on why this is important when we all get together.

3. Action Items. I am sure questions will be raised and more information will be necessary for everyone to make their personal decisions as to whether or not to commit to this group. We should all agree initially to get together at least 3 times to discuss and decide.

4. Decide on a next meeting date and time.

Again, the meeting will be in the OpenCarry irc chatroom Monday night 9/21/09 starting at 8 pm EST.. sincerely hope to see you there.

Rebel
American by birth, Southern by choice.

rebel-patriot

imported post

Thank you to everyone that attended. Good ideas came out of tonights forum as well as some good actionable items. Email list of the group is under way. I will keep everyone updated as to progress made.

Good Work Guys!

Rebel

ADulay

imported post

Yes, I think we got a few key ideas down and at least the start of some direction of what we can actually get accomplished, one small step at a time.

Perhaps we can get a real 'face to face' meeting somewhere in the state for a small group, if for no other reason than to meet and see what we've got to work with.

The Sunshine Skyway piers and parking areas might work out, even if we're not doing a planned OC event! I'll bring the hotdogs!!

AD

rebel-patriot

imported post

ADulay wrote:
Yes, I think we got a few key ideas down and at least the start of some direction of what we can actually get accomplished, one small step at a time.

Perhaps we can get a real 'face to face' meeting somewhere in the state for a small group, if for no other reason than to meet and see what we've got to work with.

The Sunshine Skyway piers and parking areas might work out, even if we're not doing a planned OC event! I'll bring the hotdogs!!

AD
I agree. A face to face with all interested parties is definitely needed at some point in the not too distant future. I am actively working on some of the action items discussed at our last meeting to get things rolling. Will keep the email list updated on items as they occur.

Rebel