• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sportsman's Day at the Capitol

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

May be of interest to some.

MICHIGAN STATE CAPITAL

Sportsman's Day at the Capitol
Where:[/b] State Capital Building
When:[/b] Tuesday September 22[suP]nd[/suP], 2009
Time:[/b] 9:00 am -2:00 pm
Contact: Brady Schickinger Aide to Rep. Sheltrown bschick@house.mi.gov
Brian Jeffs brian.jeffs@secondamendmentmarch.org

The north and west wing of the first floor of the Capitol will include displays by many of the various hunting and outdoor recreational groups in the state. There will also be demonstrations by several groups on the Capitol lawn.

The event is being coordinated jointly by Rep. Joel Sheltrown, MCRGO and MUCC.

UPDATE: From Brady Schickinger

"I am pleased to report that we have filled all available tables for the Sportsman's Day at the Capitol this coming Tuesday, September 22 with the most diverse groups of participants in the event's history. The event will begin at 9 a.m. and last until 2 p.m. You are welcome to begin setting up at 8 a.m. Rep. Sheltrown office phone is (517) 373-3817and my cell phone is (517) 202-7414 if you need help the day of the event."

The following groups are confirmed to participate:

National Association of Sportsman's Caucuses
Second Amendment March
MDNR
MCRGO
National Rifle Association
MUCC
National Wildlife Federation
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
Delta Waterfowl
Michigan Hunting Dog Federation