Thread: OBAMA AND OUR GUNS!!!

Post imported post

Anyone have any information on this issue about people having to report all registered guns on 2010 tax returns?? I just got a e-mail from a friend about this!!! Is this a real issue we need to worry about?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

No, it's not a real issue.

Post imported post

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but can you give me a little more insight as to how you know this? I just don't have time to follow the news thats all and I would like to be able to tell all my friends why there is no need to worry! thanks for the reply

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

It's kinda hard to prove that they're NOT going to do something, since the proof is in the fact that there is nothing there to read about and you don't want to(or can't)spend the time to see that. It might be easier for you to ask your friends to prove that they are going to do that. Ask them to show you the legislation or the proposed IRS code that will require that.

Edit: If all this is about one of those crazy email hoaxes, you might check snopes.com for the proof.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

It's a hoax, but I wouldn't put anything past the Obozo regime.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=5098
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post imported post

Not really a hoax, per se. It was introduced in 2001, IIRC. Hasn't been introduced since. It's dead, for now. But who knows what the future may bring with the gun grabbers we have in office now.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I think we're safe until the 2012 election and we find out if Obama has a 2nd term. If he's back, we might see something then.

Post imported post

Notso wrote:
    I think we're safe until the 2012 election and we find out if Obama has a 2nd term. If he's back, we might see something then.
    DOA. President Obama cannot unilaterally change the Infernal Revenue Code.

Post imported post

Do you really think anyone is stupid enough to put thier guns on a federal form ?

Post imported post

Dragonflydf wrote:
    Do you really think anyone is stupid enough to put thier guns on a federal form ?
    YES!!!
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

MICKEYMALT77 wrote:
    Anyone have any information on this issue about people having to report all registered guns on 2010 tax returns?? I just got a e-mail from a friend about this!!! Is this a real issue we need to worry about?
    What's that?

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    Not really a hoax, per se. It was introduced in 2001, IIRC. Hasn't been introduced since. It's dead, for now. But who knows what the future may bring with the gun grabbers we have in office now.
    Yes, it really was a hoax. There was a bill introduced, but it wasn't "register your firearms on your tax form" The link provided should explain it clearly for you.

Here is a link to MICKEYMALT77 wrote:
    I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but can you give me a little more insight as to how you know this? I just don't have time to follow the news thats all and I would like to be able to tell all my friends why there is no need to worry! thanks for the reply
    You cannot follow this issue in the news, because it isn't news, and isn't IN the news... It is an old retread FUD email with barely any grains of truth, other than there really was an S.2099.
    So, the first reply you received was completely accurate....
    Notso wrote:
    No, it's not a real issue.
    Because its not a real issue.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

I am quite sure the NRA would have mentioned this to me by now in one of the barrage of notices the keep sending looking for money. I'll tell you those NRA boys are right on the freaking ball. Last week I recieved three calls at dinnertime trying to 'remind" me to renew my membership. Wayne's kid must need braces or something.:quirky