• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OBAMA AND OUR GUNS!!!

MICKEYMALT77

imported post

Anyone have any information on this issue about people having to report all registered guns on 2010 tax returns?? I just got a e-mail from a friend about this!!! Is this a real issue we need to worry about?

MICKEYMALT77

imported post

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but can you give me a little more insight as to how you know this? I just don't have time to follow the news thats all and I would like to be able to tell all my friends why there is no need to worry! thanks for the reply

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's kinda hard to prove that they're NOT going to do something, since the proof is in the fact that there is nothing there to read about and you don't want to(or can't)spend the time to see that. It might be easier for you to ask your friends to prove that they are going to do that. Ask them to show you the legislation or the proposed IRS code that will require that.

Edit: If all this is about one of those crazy email hoaxes, you might check snopes.com for the proof.

rodbender

imported post

Not really a hoax, per se. It was introduced in 2001, IIRC. Hasn't been introduced since. It's dead, for now. But who knows what the future may bring with the gun grabbers we have in office now.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think we're safe until the 2012 election and we find out if Obama has a 2nd term. If he's back, we might see something then.

The Donkey

imported post

Notso wrote:
I think we're safe until the 2012 election and we find out if Obama has a 2nd term. If he's back, we might see something then.
DOA. President Obama cannot unilaterally change the Infernal Revenue Code.

wrightme

imported post

rodbender wrote:
Not really a hoax, per se. It was introduced in 2001, IIRC. Hasn't been introduced since. It's dead, for now. But who knows what the future may bring with the gun grabbers we have in office now.
Yes, it really was a hoax. There was a bill introduced, but it wasn't "register your firearms on your tax form" The link provided should explain it clearly for you.

Here is a link to MICKEYMALT77 wrote:
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but can you give me a little more insight as to how you know this? I just don't have time to follow the news thats all and I would like to be able to tell all my friends why there is no need to worry! thanks for the reply
You cannot follow this issue in the news, because it isn't news, and isn't IN the news... It is an old retread FUD email with barely any grains of truth, other than there really was an S.2099.
So, the first reply you received was completely accurate....
Notso wrote:
No, it's not a real issue.
Because its not a real issue.

Alexcabbie

imported post

I am quite sure the NRA would have mentioned this to me by now in one of the barrage of notices the keep sending looking for money. I'll tell you those NRA boys are right on the freaking ball. Last week I recieved three calls at dinnertime trying to 'remind" me to renew my membership. Wayne's kid must need braces or something.:quirky