• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mike Cox for Governer

mikestilly

imported post

As some of you already know my family is volunteering for Mike Cox for governor. I'm directly in touch with his campaign manager. Soon I will be receiving more information from him as to how we can help him as a group. If anyone is interested please post on this thread. As I get more info I will pass it on. I might be at the Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference volunteering for Mike. I don't know for sure yet. If you've never heard about it definitely check it out at: https://www.mackinacconference.com/

Sept 25th-27th
If you can go I definitely recommend it. It will be a very informative conference. Speakers Mitt Romney, Eric Cantor, Tim Pawlenty, Florida Governor Charlie Crist, and Mike Cox. Also John Engler, L. Brooks Patterson and Dick Posthumus will all be there.

Mike

mikestilly

imported post

Hi Everyone, I will be driving to Mackinac City tonight and will be meeting Mike Cox tomorrow morning. I'm volunteering for him at the Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference. I will try and take lots of pictures and video. If I do get some decent video I'll post it on the Youtube site.

Mike

eastmeyers

imported post

Do you plan on OC'in?

PM me if you need help with anything local, in SEM, Oakland County specifically. I have no spare cash, but I am a Mike Cox supporter, so if you need help passing stuff out or what not just PM me, I'll give you my phone number their.

mikestilly

imported post

Uh no. Secret service will be all over the island. I guess my ball's aren't that big. As for volunteering you don't have to donate money especially if you can't afford it. They have all kinds of stuff you can do to help out. I'm messaging you his campaign managers name and number now.

Mike

Bronson

imported post

Ask him what his thoughts are on the erroneous position of many police and CPL instructors that a CPL holder is only allowed to carry concealed.

Bronson

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Uh no. Secret service will be all over the island. I guess my ball's aren't that big. As for volunteering you don't have to donate money especially if you can't afford it. They have all kinds of stuff you can do to help out. I'm messaging you his campaign managers name and number now.

Mike

So are you saying , can we put you on record as saying that, you do infact have tiny balls?

;)

T Vance

imported post

dougwg wrote:
So are you saying , can we put you on record as saying that, you do infact have tiny balls?

;)
There's nothing wrong with tiny balls. They just get in the way anyhow, and really hurt when they are kicked. :monkey

eastmeyers

imported post

mikestilly wrote:

Mike
Why would the Secret Service be their? State officials are protected by a special division of the State Police. And ever their are senators or congresspeople their, they have their own special police too. The only people that are personally protected by the Secret Service is the President, Vice President, serious presidential Candidates, the national "Secretaries" (such as Secretary of Defense), and of course all of their families. I could be wrong, but I do work with a retired Secret Service Agent, and that is what he conveyed to me.

mikestilly

imported post

Mike Cox position on the RTBA

Cox Joins NRA in Fight against Chicago Gun Ban
Agency: Attorney General

Cox Joins NRA in Fight against Chicago Gun Ban
A.G. Files Amicus Brief Supporting the NRA's Appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court
July 6, 2009

LANSING- Attorney General Mike Cox today announced he has filed an amicus brief with the U.S. Supreme Court in support of the National Rifle Association's (NRA) challenge of a City of Chicago ordinance banning possession of most handguns. Cox joined at least 33 other states in supporting the NRA's request for the court to hear an appeal in National Rifle Association v. City of Chicago, a local case with national implications.

"The right to keep and bear arms is fundamental," said Cox. "The Supreme Court recognized this in the Heller case, and I am confident they will protect this right yet again. No government should impinge on the basic right to defend yourself."

The amicus, supporting the NRA's petition for a Writ of Certiorari to appeal the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals' June decision favoring the City of Chicago, will be filed with the court today. Below are passages from the amicus brief:

"As our Founding Fathers recognized, and as this Court recently reaffirmed in District of Columbia v. Heller, 128 S. Ct. 2783 (2008), the right to keep and bear arms secured by the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution is a critical liberty interest, essential to preserving individual security and the right to self-defense...

"Accordingly, the Court should grant the petitions and hold that the Second Amendment secures a 'fundamental' right that can no more be abrogated by local government than by the federal government."

Cox previously signed an amicus in District of Columbia v. Heller, supporting the right of citizens to keep and bear arms. On June 26, 2008, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the District of Columbia's gun ordinance in that case. Cox's efforts to protect gun rights also resulted in more states recognizing Michigan-issued CCW permits. When Cox took office in 2003, only eight states recognized Michigan-issued CCW permits. Today, 35 states recognize Michigan-issued CCW permits.

http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,1607,7-164--217731--,00.html

mikestilly

imported post

My family and I are going to be very active in Mike's campaign. One of my reasons is because this state cannot handle another Democrat in the governors chair and Mike Cox has a great plan on what to do with our great state. Read the full plan I've been passing out since the Mackinac Leadership conference. It can be downloaded here: http://www.mikecox2010.com/putting-...ing Michigan Back to Work The First Steps.pdf

If you would like a physical booklet see me I have some left. As well as lawn signs.

I will post all event's/opportunities to support Mike on this thread. If anyone want's to join us feel free. They are held all over Michigan.

The most current one which we wont be able to attend. AG Cox decided that we would be putting together a walk team to do door to door for Mike Noffs in Jackson this Saturday. They will be going door to door passing out literature for Mr. Noffs who is running in a special election for the 19th Distrcit Senate Seat (Jackson, Battle Creek,Kalamazoo area). They'll be starting at 10am and going into the later part of the afternoon.

For more information please contact Robbie Rankey @ Cell: 989.714.2224 or robbie.rankey@gmail.com

WARCHILD

imported post

Since Venator hasn't chimed in I'll play devil's advocate.
Wouldn't allowing a campaign volunteer to OC show his full support for the RKBA?
I understand your reasoning and I would feel the same. Just a question for thought. Maybe if you get the chance, ask him if he has a problem with you OCing.

mikestilly

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Since Venator hasn't chimed in I'll play devil's advocate.
Wouldn't allowing a campaign volunteer to OC show his full support for the RKBA?
I understand your reasoning and I would feel the same. Just a question for thought. Maybe if you get the chance, ask him if he has a problem with you OCing.

It's a good question. Mike is fully available on facebook. You could easily ask him yourself. He's always responded to my messages to him.

I would be very suprised if he said no. Also they were cool with me passing out Mike's literature at OC events. I would take that as he is cool with it

Mike

ISMOID

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, U
imported post

I am too lazy to look for myself so I will throw it out here, can you OC when you go vote?

I know most voting stations are setup in schools so a CPL would be required to OC inside the school. I remember the news talking about people being turned away when they tried to vote wearing shirts promoting a candidate. Would it be considered voter intimidation?

drew68

imported post

After reading that pdf file from Mike Cox, putting michigan back to work, I am impressed by his ideas. Cutting taxes to businesses is the first step in getting us back on track. It makes no sense for the tax rate to be so high that nobody in their right mind would be interested in doing business here.