• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RSVP for "Politics & Pints" at Grand Wood Lounge -- Gubernatorial candidates to attend

blairellis

imported post

Not sure if this is open to the public, but I just got this in an email from the GR Chamber of Commerce.

RSVP for "Politics & Pints" at Grand Wood Lounge -- Gubernatorial candidates to attend!

Speak directly to the officials weighing in on the budget! Join the Friends of West Michigan Business, the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce PAC and the Grand Rapids Association of Realtors, for a happy hour networking opportunity and meet your state and local government officials. Through Politics & Pints, the Chamber hopes to connect professionals with elected officials from across the political spectrum in an atmosphere that will promote conversation.

When: Monday, September 21 from 5:30-7 p.m.
Where: Grand Woods Lounge, 77 Grandville Ave. SW
Cost: $20 (includes hors d'oeuvres, beer and wine)

RSVP to Ashley Abbott at 616.771.0341.

Confirmed Special Guests:

Attorney General Michael Cox - Gubernatorial Candidate
Secretary of State Terri Lynn Land - Lt. Governor Candidate
Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard - Gubernatorial Candidate

Senator Patty Birkholz
Senator Bill Hardiman
Senator Mark Jansen

Rep. Justin Amash
Rep. Dave Agema
Rep. Robert Dean
Rep Joe Haveman
Rep. Dave Hildenbrand
Rep. Mike Huckleberry
Rep. Rick Jones
Rep. Tom Pearce
Rep. Roy Schmidt

Mayor George Heartwell
City Commissioner Rosalynn Bliss

Kent County Commissioner Harold Voorhees
Kent County Commissioner Richard Vander Molen

blairellis

imported post

This is the last bump I'll give it, I just wanted to add this might be a good opportunity to get in and talk with some candidates and let them know how you feel about your 2a rights. Again, I don't know if its open to public or just chamber members but its worth looking into come Monday.