• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question

RogueWarrior

imported post

I heard on a podcast that New Mexico will not allow anyone to use a Florida or Utah non resident CCW. Now if that happens I'm in deep DOO DOO so I'm thinking who do I contact about getting New Mexico to allow non Citizens to get a NM CCW by Non Citizen I mean a permanent Resident so If anyone knows who to contact Please let me know. Now before anyone says to get you Citizenship I'm looking into it

Thanks In advance

John

Basic Guy

imported post

The "Legally Armed" site shows that both Florida and Utah carry licenses are recognized in NM.

http://legallyarmed.com/newmexico.htm

I have heard that NM is moving to change this - but only for NM residents, which is to say that they will not recognize a NM resident's non-resident license from other states. They want NM residents to get the NM carry license if they will be carrying in NM.

RogueWarrior

imported post

The Only Problem is Mate that I am not a US citizen yet and NM will only issue CCW to US citizens. I'm in the process of looking into getting my citizenship but that can take a while

Jizzzle

imported post

ya my wifes in the same boat. she just oc's atm but wants her CCW. sounds like she will have to go through florida also once she gets through the class.