• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vancouver washington

Creaxe

imported post

so i went to go to the park today. and i saw this sign, here are the pictures.

and on the bottom it says "And those other activites prohibitied by Clark County Code 9.04"

I looked up the code. found the Firearms part of the code, and this is what i found

9.04.190 Firearms.
No person shall, at any time, bring into or upon the properties of the county, nor have in their possession, nor discharge a revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle, bow and arrow, crossbow, slingshot, spring or gas propelled b-b and pellet guns, spears or javelins, or any other weapon, except in designated target range areas. (Ord. 1976-05-43 (part), 1976)

So just wanted to see if that means that park is a no go.. lol

nathan

imported post

It is an old sign. Current Clark Co park rules are:

[font="verdana, helvetica"]Park Rules[/font]
Prohibited:
  • Littering/Vandalism
  • Alcohol Possession
  • Discharge of Firearms
  • Traffic/ATV/ORV
  • Disorderly Conduct
  • Fires or Camping *
  • Horseback Riding *
  • Cruising & Squirreling
  • Unleashed Animals
Hours:
County Parks: 7AM TO DUSK*
City Parks: 5AM TO 10PM*
* Unless otherwise posted.

Creaxe

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
What it means is that the county ordinance is illegal according to state preemption (RCW 9.41.290 and 9.41.300) and cannot be enforced. So, the park is a GO. Feel free to carry right on past that sign.

How is that tho? i've been reading a lot.. but i thought countys could make there own rules for the county.. so ifthey did not want guns in their park period.. then as long as they displayed the sign and the little code then it was a no go? thats where i'm confused.. lol

So basically cities, countys ect ect have to follow STATE preemtions? a county can not do that at all? cause it is a new sign.. they used to have a really old icky one lol with moss growing on it and stuff.

is there a site that says that it's "Discharging Firearms" ? i only ask cuz i had a real bad gut feeling and i had my 4 year old with me.. so i concealed while i was there, till i could find out more information. I couldn't find anything on http://www.co.clark.wa.us

thanks for the info guys :)

1245A Defender

imported post

the signs are made up! counties, cities and others try to put these rules in place all the time, but they are not "legaly" enforcable!

but you gotta use your head. dont push your luck while youve got your little one with you!!!!!!

i cant stress that enough,, some cops will try to make you behave, someday when you least expect it, you dont want your youngun to see the cops push you around and cuff you. its happened to other dads in the past, and it is too heartbreaking for your kid to see!

keep it covered unless youre sure that OC is OK, and contact the powers that be to get the signs amended.

jddssc121

imported post

NavyLT has it wright. I've had tons of city's change their illegal signs. they're worthless, and the City Attorney knows better

Creaxe

imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
the signs are made up! counties, cities and others try to put these rules in place all the time, but they are not "legaly" enforcable!
heh, just shows how corrupt things are. thanks again, and i will continue to open carry. just hope i'm verbally prepared for the police. Untill then i will continue reading up on things. :dude: