Thread: Looking for a new OC toy

Post imported post

Well.... i guess its as good of a time as any.... i am browsing the market for a new handgun... Anyone cleaning out their closet or cabinet? I do not have much money due to current economic times but i may have some items or services for trade....

Also... any suggestions on possible choices of used or LNIB firearms? I have had my eye on a Walther p22 and a sig p6..... any others i should take a look at or research?

Post imported post

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/C...18_Pistol.html

Check these out... I have one and it is a sweet shooter!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I've been looking into a new OC piece too. I've been mostly interested in .40 and .45 cal. Nothing specific yet.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/C...18_Pistol.html

Check these out... I have one and it is a sweet shooter!
    The only thing i question is how readily available is the 9mm makarov to the 9mm luger? Now from what i have read.... the 9mm makarov has less power than the 9mm luger and that even though it is a 9mm it has the power of a .380 ACP.... i think i might pass on the 9x18.... sorry

Post imported post

It is in between 380 and 9x19.. it is very easy to get if you order it ... not so much if you shop WalMart.

With Hornady XTP 98 grain JHP I can get 11 to 12 inches of penetration and consistant exspansion... I can also deal out 13 rounds overlapping at 21 feet in less than 6 seconds...

Diff strokes for diff folks ... I also carry a NAA 22mag 5 shot deringer... as a backup
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Remember, whatever you get, it's all about shot placement.

Take it from someone who actually got shot, it doesn't always hurt much. Gotta disrupt the central nervous system if you're shooting to live. I'm a 45 guy myself, but if I could shoot 9x18 better, it would be my choice.

Anyway, did you ever consider getting a Hi Point? I know they're ugly and all, but they work, and you could always sell it later if you got one and ended up not liking it.

If you're willing to spend the money on a P6, I'd highly recommend them, or any other Sig. They are just really really nice. Basically the performance and handling of a really good 1911 when shot in single action, but the ready to go nature of a double action with no safety. Plus, there are lots of good holsters available for them.

Another good thing about Sig's not always common to those other surplus guns is that they are drop safe 2 different ways. The hammer won't go forward if the trigger isn't pulled, it will be held back about 1/4 inch from the pin. Also, there is a slide mounted firing pin block that can only be deactivated by the trigger mechanism. If I had had any sense, I would have got a P6 instead of that damn CZ52.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
    I've been looking into a new OC piece too. I've been mostly interested in .40 and .45 cal. Nothing specific yet.
    Don't know if you saw this, but here is the other used deal from Aimsurplus right now.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/A...n_Pistols.html

40 caliber Glock for 400 bucks. Tough to beat if you'd like a Glock.

By the way, here is a compiled list of a lot of the cheapest handgun deals available through the web today. http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealt...7&subcat=5

Gun deals is updated regularly, and a great website to go to for all gun related penny pinching.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

The CZ 82 has a hammer block just like the sig! That was one of the features that sold me on it... that and it was only 179.00 when I got mine!

Post imported post

Just as long as it isn't similar to the mechanism on a CZ52.

Post imported post

No the CZ 82 is a very modern design... mine was made in 1989... In fact they still manufacture the Civilian version the CZ 83

Post imported post

well even with safety you get what you pay for.

you learned that first hand eh Michigander?

Post imported post

To be perfectly honest guys there is nothing wrong with the CZ52 either... just the one that Michigander got had a worn decocker ... this is a known problem with the CZ52 and really easy to fix if you know a machinist or a good gunsmith.

NOTE the CZ 82 is a completely diff design and does not have a decocker.

Post imported post

yeah I've seen the 82s they look solid.

Also, they're soviet bloc guns, so they have that going for them [I'm an AK guy...]

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    To be perfectly honest guys there is nothing wrong with the CZ52 either... just the one that Michigander got had a worn decocker ... this is a known problem with the CZ52 and really easy to fix if you know a machinist or a good gunsmith.

NOTE the CZ 82 is a completely diff design and does not have a decocker.
    The messed up thing was that it was checked out by a gunsmith and given the green light for being in tip top shape. A couple thousand rounds later, it wasn't in such good shape.

Ideally I should have held my temper and had it checked out by a smith to diagnose exactly what went wrong before I had it destroyed, but I was so mad at the time that it just wasn't going to happen.

Of the 3 people I know of who have been shot by the damn things when they get hit on the hammer, I'm the luckiest. The only problem I have now is shin splints as I get back to being a runner. One lady was paralyzed, and one guy survived the Tet offensive physically unharmed only to later get shot the long way through his leg when he was carrying it. This was years before it happened to me, and he walks with a cane to this day.

Even if it's a simple fix, I think it's understandable that I have a bias against the things.

Even if they can be made carry safe, they still don't fire a cartridge that should be carried in an urban environment.

Post imported post

And that is why I got the 82 instead of the 52

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Hey assclown, did you get a JOB yet?

Did you actually get any of those jobs that someone was very very nice and setup for you?

I think you need to find a JOB and pay off your lawyer from your last adventure before looking for a new gun.

Damn kids.......

Post imported post

did someone say something about a job?
    i need one.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    ethernetweb wrote:
    Don't know if you saw this, but here is the other used deal from Aimsurplus right now.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/A...n_Pistols.html

40 caliber Glock for 400 bucks. Tough to beat if you'd like a Glock.

By the way, here is a compiled list of a lot of the cheapest handgun deals available through the web today.* http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealt...ory=7&subcat=5

Gun deals is updated regularly, and a great website to go to for all gun related penny pinching.

SW40VE, 9mm or 40 cal for $359 with $50 rebate, 9mm or 40 with a polished slide $379! Allot of bang for the buck! Allot of people complain about the 12lb trigger pull but I let off the 1st 200 rounds and loved ever pull, my 13 year old son and my 110 lb wife had a really hard time pullin the trigger so i know the trigger safety works! I Love it!