• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cabellas...

r6-rider

imported post

all i can say is wow... im disappointed in their customer service and how they try to make sales (not to mention their prices)

i was standing looking at ammo and all i can hear is "oh bro yea bro totally go for the 9 bro... oh bro the fo-dee is sick too" and the sales guy talking about how the usp is used by "green beret special forces" and how nato is switching to the cz 75, but americas not cause we arent apart of nato? or so he says and gun salesmen are always right, just like cops

i didnt get the help i wanted in finding a rifle or ammo, i was completely ignored when i tried to ask any question and almost everyone there was a total toolbag.

i did have a coversation with a fellow OCer about how incredibly stupid this group of 5 or 6 (what looked like california) guys were. so i dont know if that was anyone here that i talked to

anyways, no point to this thread just ranting about how much i dont like that store

lowlander91

imported post

only went there once looking for a 590 and was enough trips there for a lifetime i usually try to buy at Randall's or lone wolf after that.

Phoenix David

imported post

My general experience with large retailers is that the clerk selling the product generally does not know much about what he is selling, or is lying to make the sale.

IMO when buying something of significance you should have already done your research and know exactly what you want. If you are depending on the sales person to do you research or to tell you the truth you are going to be SOL.

And for Cabellas being the worlds foremost outfitter, if you want crap go there, if you are looking for a specific brand and model number they generally will not have it and never heard or tell you it's been discontinued and can not be purchased.