• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone here in Yuma?

Gunfreak25

imported post

Anyone here live in Yuma? Looks like i'm almost the only one down here, you all are up in either Phoenix or Tucson! Feel kinda lonely. :cry:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Iwas stationed in Yuma (MCAS) as a Navy Ordie back durin' the 'Nam war. Semi-permanent gunnery det (F-8's) outta Miramar. 'Place ain't even recognizable now. Too many Kommiefornians spillin' over from Winterhaven. Reds Roost is gone too. (sniff) :(

Gunfreak25

imported post

I wonder how doable it would be to have an open carry dinner at the Golden Coral down here? I wonder how many people would attend? If it's any less than 30 than it would probably be best just to stick with area's where more people attend. How often are they held?

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

I have open carried at golden corral numerous times. I think we could get a decent showing if it pubilcized correctly. It would take some work. I would like to see a "second amendment day" proclamation by the county board, encouraging people to celebrate Yuma's heritage by carrying openly. Lots of projects, not enough time!

Gunfreak25

imported post

I like that idea, and would be willing to help make it happen. Alot of times what I do is give Richard a call over at Sprauges and ask him to help spread the word on different things that people to need to be aware of. If you provided them,I'm sure he'd be happy to post a fewstacks of "open carry dinner flyers" at each one of his store counters near the register. Same for mike at coin and gun. I also contact local news teams, and of course the daily sun to print things in the events column.