Thread: Cleveland open carry incident

Post imported post

I have long been a reader of the open carry forums and also practitioner of open carry. I have learned so much and regrettably have now had to use that knowledge. I need some advice. Tonight I was detained at gunpoint by 4 Cleveland police officers. I know that if there is to be legal recourse that the details should be few.

I live in the 5th district and have spoken to commander Drumman about openly carrying a firearm. He said that it is legal but he did not agree with the concept.

I need to know what to do next.

Post imported post

daet1234 wrote:
    I have long been a reader of the open carry forums and also practitioner of open carry. I have learned so much and regrettably have now had to use that knowledge. I need some advice. Tonight I was detained at gunpoint by 4 Cleveland police officers. I know that if there is to be legal recourse that the details should be few.

I live in the 5th district and have spoken to commander Drumman about openly carrying a firearm. He said that it is legal but he did not agree with the concept.

I need to know what to do next.
    Contact an attorney. You should be able to get leads at the OFCC.

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewforum.p...ce622475c70b21

If you PM me, I can pass your number on to an attorney I know.

As for cops "not agreeing with the concept", NOBODY cares what they agree with. They don't have to "agree with" ANY law, be it the Ohio laws on carrying a firearm, or the laws prohibiting sex with minors. They can OBEY them or accept the consequences.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

Post imported post

No DON'T POST THE STORY... Wait until you recieve further guidence from your lawyer..

Post imported post

SUE THE CLEVELAND POLICE DEPARTMENT THROUGH THE SKILLED KNOWLEADGE AND ADVICE OF A PROFESSIONAL PRO-GUN ATTORNEY.

OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL IN OHIO, AND THE POLICE KNOW THAT IT IS THEY JUST DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT IT IS.

THE CITY OF CLEVELAND IS NOT ABOVE STATE FIREARMS PREEMPTION LAW.

IN YOUR BREIF EDITORIAL THE CLEVELAND POLICE SUPERVISOR THAT YOU SPOKE WITH TOLD YOU THAT OPEN CARRY WAS LEGAL IN OHIO, WHICH; IS IN AND OF ITSELF PROOF AS TO THE STATEMENTS CONTAINED WITHIN THE SECOND LINE OF THIS ARTICLE.

Post imported post

aadvark wrote:
    SUE THE CLEVELAND POLICE DEPARTMENT THROUGH THE SKILLED KNOWLEADGE AND ADVICE OF A PROFESSIONAL PRO-GUN ATTORNEY.

OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL IN OHIO, AND THE POLICE KNOW THAT IT IS THEY JUST DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT IT IS.

THE CITY OF CLEVELAND IS NOT ABOVE STATE FIREARMS PREEMPTION LAW.

IN YOUR BREIF EDITORIAL THE CLEVELAND POLICE SUPERVISOR THAT YOU SPOKE WITH TOLD YOU THAT OPEN CARRY WAS LEGAL IN OHIO, WHICH; IS IN AND OF ITSELF PROOF AS TO THE STATEMENTS CONTAINED WITHIN THE SECOND LINE OF THIS ARTICLE.
    Dude, why are you shouting?

Don't tell me your keyboard is broken, because you used lower case when you typed in your user name!!

Post imported post

daet1234 wrote:
    ...I need to know what to do next.
    Here is another forum you ought to sign up for, and ask the same question.

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewforum.php?f=21

Post imported post

Actually,I had just cleared up this issue with another blog forum within this website.

My keyboard is not broken.

In fact,I always wrote in capitalization so as to easily distinguish my editorials from others that I have written in forums with more posts than this one.

Nevertheless, another member had brought it to my attention that writing in all capitalization is considered yelling, which is not polite, and it is also against the rules of this blog. I have reviewed these rules, and determined that it would be best if I only wrote using appropiate capitalization.

Therefore, I will only write in standard capitalization from now on.