• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cleveland open carry incident

daet

imported post

I have long been a reader of the open carry forums and also practitioner of open carry. I have learned so much and regrettably have now had to use that knowledge. I need some advice. Tonight I was detained at gunpoint by 4 Cleveland police officers. I know that if there is to be legal recourse that the details should be few.

I live in the 5th district and have spoken to commander Drumman about openly carrying a firearm. He said that it is legal but he did not agree with the concept.

I need to know what to do next.

Deanimator

imported post

daet1234 wrote:
I have long been a reader of the open carry forums and also practitioner of open carry. I have learned so much and regrettably have now had to use that knowledge. I need some advice. Tonight I was detained at gunpoint by 4 Cleveland police officers. I know that if there is to be legal recourse that the details should be few.

I live in the 5th district and have spoken to commander Drumman about openly carrying a firearm. He said that it is legal but he did not agree with the concept.

I need to know what to do next.
Contact an attorney. You should be able to get leads at the OFCC.

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=08c98771d37dc8bdf4ce622475c70b21

If you PM me, I can pass your number on to an attorney I know.

As for cops "not agreeing with the concept", NOBODY cares what they agree with. They don't have to "agree with" ANY law, be it the Ohio laws on carrying a firearm, or the laws prohibiting sex with minors. They can OBEY them or accept the consequences.

aadvark

imported post

SUE THE CLEVELAND POLICE DEPARTMENT THROUGH THE SKILLED KNOWLEADGE AND ADVICE OF A PROFESSIONAL PRO-GUN ATTORNEY.

OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL IN OHIO, AND THE POLICE KNOW THAT IT IS THEY JUST DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT IT IS.

THE CITY OF CLEVELAND IS NOT ABOVE STATE FIREARMS PREEMPTION LAW.

IN YOUR BREIF EDITORIAL THE CLEVELAND POLICE SUPERVISOR THAT YOU SPOKE WITH TOLD YOU THAT OPEN CARRY WAS LEGAL IN OHIO, WHICH; IS IN AND OF ITSELF PROOF AS TO THE STATEMENTS CONTAINED WITHIN THE SECOND LINE OF THIS ARTICLE.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

aadvark wrote:
SUE THE CLEVELAND POLICE DEPARTMENT THROUGH THE SKILLED KNOWLEADGE AND ADVICE OF A PROFESSIONAL PRO-GUN ATTORNEY.

OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL IN OHIO, AND THE POLICE KNOW THAT IT IS THEY JUST DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT IT IS.

THE CITY OF CLEVELAND IS NOT ABOVE STATE FIREARMS PREEMPTION LAW.

IN YOUR BREIF EDITORIAL THE CLEVELAND POLICE SUPERVISOR THAT YOU SPOKE WITH TOLD YOU THAT OPEN CARRY WAS LEGAL IN OHIO, WHICH; IS IN AND OF ITSELF PROOF AS TO THE STATEMENTS CONTAINED WITHIN THE SECOND LINE OF THIS ARTICLE.
Dude, why are you shouting?

Don't tell me your keyboard is broken, because you used lower case when you typed in your user name!!

;)

aadvark

imported post

Actually,I had just cleared up this issue with another blog forum within this website.

My keyboard is not broken.

In fact,I always wrote in capitalization so as to easily distinguish my editorials from others that I have written in forums with more posts than this one.

Nevertheless, another member had brought it to my attention that writing in all capitalization is considered yelling, which is not polite, and it is also against the rules of this blog. I have reviewed these rules, and determined that it would be best if I only wrote using appropiate capitalization.

Therefore, I will only write in standard capitalization from now on.