• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm Ready for Coffee

Bull Frog

imported post

in Sunnyvale, California recently invited me to an open carry coffee clatch. I have a lot legal pistols, but I would like to show off my Duke rig, along with one of my SAA pissolivers. The gun belt holds many rounds, and, of course the weapon will be unloaded. What do you think? While not a John Wayne look a like, I am extremely fat, but handsome.

You all got to understand that I am a tad reluctant to take this step, but I was at a store today and noticed several people looking at my Bowie knife. I could read their thoughts - is that legal? And so on.

Open letter to California residents: Not only are open carry knives legal, so are open carry firearms, as long as the bearer is not a convicted felon .

But the weapon cannot be loaded, and the bearer cannot be with in 1000 feet of a school - is that stupid, or whgat?

Army

imported post

Carried my Sheriffs model in my John Wayne rig at the last San Diego event. Had a great time doing it :)

Had to school the SDSD in how a SAA works, and how to get it out of the holster with the lanyard cinched on good.

You say you are a bit.....fluffy. Make sure your "proportions" do not cover the firearm in any manner, just in case.

Decoligny

imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
in Sunnyvale, California recently invited me to an open carry coffee clatch. I have a lot legal pistols, but I would like to show off my Duke rig, along with one of my SAA pissolivers. The gun belt holds many rounds, and, of course the weapon will be unloaded. What do you think? While not a John Wayne look a like, I am extremely fat, but handsome.

You all got to understand that I am a tad reluctant to take this step, but I was at a store today and noticed several people looking at my Bowie knife. I could read their thoughts - is that legal? And so on.

Open letter to California residents: Not only are open carry knives legal, so are open carry firearms, as long as the bearer is not a convicted felon .

But the weapon cannot be loaded, and the bearer cannot be with in 1000 feet of a school - is that stupid, or whgat?
Knives are actually more regulated than guns. Guns are primarily regulated by State Law only. Knives on the other hand are regulated by State Law, County Code, and Local Ordinance. In Los Angeles for instance, you can't openly carry a knife with a blade 3 inches or longer.

Bull Frog

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
Lead Lobber wrote:

Knives are actually more regulated than guns.   Guns are primarily regulated by State Law only.  Knives on the other hand are regulated by State Law, County Code, and Local Ordinance.  In Los Angeles for instance, you can't openly carry a knife with a blade 3 inches or longer. 

You are quite right. Funny, is it not? Why does daddy wear a gun? Who knows. These actions are lost to our history. Why would daddy be worried? No reason to go armed, or wear a gun. What the ^(%# is wrong with daddy?